BT internet email

haydw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Using multiple mail accounts on iOS and on a Windows PC and an iMac for god knows how long, suddenly it won’t download bt email, but email from other providers (gmail/ office 365) will. However when I use outlook for iOS it works fine on all email accounts. Would switch to this but can not attach documents from iCloud Drive, only drop box and OneDrive.

Seems to be multiple logins or an iOS mail problem. Have removed and added several times with no success

Anyone else have the same issue? Dare not ring BT as I will be fobbed off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haydn,

I've had something similar using Outlook on my PC, I also use BT Internet.
I find that if I click on another folder (such as Spam), then click back on the 'Inbox' my email will download. Thereafter, as long as I keep the 'Inbox' selected my emails will download, however, if I move to another folder the emails will stop downloading until I move back to the 'Inbox'. I also have to select the 'Spam' folder to download my spam.
My Google account using Outlook downloads fine.

Does yours behave like above?

MY wife's account works fine with BT.
I have an identical set up on a Microsoft Surface 4 PC and that works fine.
Playing around a few months ago I found that if I created a new account on my PC, and set it up identical to my original account, it worked fine. I've yet to find a solution to fix my main account.

Bob
(NWBBLL ;) )

That seems to have cracked it, it’s took a while but it’s syncing up at the moment. Amazing how something so stupid could work, but it seems to.

Will leave it a day or two before I remove iOS outlook. It’s easier to use than iOS mail but the big thing for me is not being able to attach iCloud documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been expecting e mails today from one of my clients. Turns out they are using MS Outlook with BT connect and can receive but not send?

Common problem?

Yes common problem. Try accessing via the webmail interface.

They use yahoo email system and a cludgy front end so yes its not a great email service.

Back
Top Bottom