UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just bought this for a trip to mexico.

Attachments

• TE630.jpg
    TE630.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 607
The extra list as follows:
Suspension: by LTR front and rear for 185# rider plus gear (riding and bags, etc.)
Forks put back to TE610 stroke (1" more than TE630 stock)
Safari 6.7 Gal. Tank.
Single Q4 Exhaust.
Fat Bars with HDB Guards
Wolfman Racks with large Aluminum tail rack. Bags not included.
Seat Concepts Saddle.
Extended shifter
UpTite Skid Plate
BRP Chain Guide
Cush Rear Hub by Woody's Wheels
Lithium Battery
Garmin Mount for Montana
Folding Mirrors
My Custom Side Stand (the original). 100's sold world wide!
Original tank and other parts included. They are virtually new condition.

I have no idea about the fork mods, the PO did them, but I hear more length is always good....

As is girth ....... apparently

What a great bike , very cool �� I’d like one myself when I get some space . Have a great trip, who are you shipping with ? Costs if you don’t mind cheers :beerjug:

With Richards bike we were forum led to believe IIRC the forks from a Yamaha 425 mx bike were the ideal fit,
In reality according to my suspension man we would have been better off fitting a later spec set.
Mainly due to the smaller dia springs becoming coil bound,
However,we found a solution to this,then the next issue was raising the rear ride height ,in fitting a a slightly longer rear shock the upper mount wouldn’t allow full articulation so further mods were needed,
All in all it turned into a bit of a challenge but the end result was more than worth it.
The bike with suspension it deserved:D

Edit,
So Richards bike has full adjustable mx forks, sprung to weight,with adjusted ride height,and wilburs tailor made rear shock.:cool:

2nd edit
With a hilltop remap,and the higher power husky motor it makes this a very nice 650.
If they weren’t such a fuckabout to work on I’d take this over my 640adv any day:thumb

Cracking looking bike that Dave, I'm sure it will serve you well in Mexico.

Don't forget to post some photos up of the trip :beerjug:

As is girth ....... apparently

What a great bike , very cool �� I’d like one myself when I get some space . Have a great trip, who are you shipping with ? Costs if you don’t mind cheers :beerjug:

I've bought the bike off the ADVrider site and the bike is already in Tucson.

I've done several trips in the U.S. and found this is the easiest way to do trips in the U.S. Buy a bike, do the trip, sell the bike. I've actually made money on deals....

Very nice bike Dave, I'll look forward to hearing about your trip :beerjug:

Great looking bike - really interested in reading about your trip....:beerjug:

I've bought the bike off the ADVrider site and the bike is already in Tucson.

I've done several trips in the U.S. and found this is the easiest way to do trips in the U.S. Buy a bike, do the trip, sell the bike. I've actually made money on deals....

Excellent as said have a great trip the bike looks ideal . :cool:

With Richards bike we were forum led to believe IIRC the forks from a Yamaha 425 mx bike were the ideal fit,
In reality according to my suspension man we would have been better off fitting a later spec set.
Mainly due to the smaller dia springs becoming coil bound,
However,we found a solution to this,then the next issue was raising the rear ride height ,in fitting a a slightly longer rear shock the upper mount wouldn’t allow full articulation so further mods were needed,
All in all it turned into a bit of a challenge but the end result was more than worth it.
The bike with suspension it deserved:D

Edit,
So Richards bike has full adjustable mx forks, sprung to weight,with adjusted ride height,and wilburs tailor made rear shock.:cool:

2nd edit
With a hilltop remap,and the higher power husky motor it makes this a very nice 650.
If they weren’t such a fuckabout to work on I’d take this over my 640adv any day:thumb

And an absolutely cracking job he made of it too. . . led 5 guys round Peak District back lanes this morning!:thumb2:thumb2

Nice bike Dave - tell us about your Mexico trip where to how far

Ok it was going to be a surprise. But since you insist...

Here is a rough list. Depending on time the copper canyon and southern MX can be added but are in this list:

Oaxaca
San Miguel Allende
San Cristobal de la Casas
Guanajuato
Dolores Hidalgo
Durango
Zacatecas
Parral
Guadochi
Batopilas
Choix
San Carlos de Guymas
Unique
Mazatlan
Puerto Vallarta
Moctezuma
Yecora
Creel
Basaseachi
Casa Grandas
Los Mochis
Fresnillo

And an absolutely cracking job he made of it too. . . led 5 guys round Peak District back lanes this morning!:thumb2:thumb2
Yes I have chased this bike. It goes like the proverbial off the shovel. Richard goes a bit himself though, the old hooligan that he is!

Back
Top Bottom