Rallye TE

Have been looking at a low miles Iconic that looks great buy?

But seeing your Ralley TE with the TFT screen, I am wondering if I am making a mistake!!!

Is the gearbox and suspension that much better anyone? as it will cost me about 3.5k more.

Yes, It's much better. I've just come back from putting 70 miles on my new TE. Feels like a different gearbox and engine: which it is! much smoother, easy to select under third gear, none of that banging into first and now the GSAP works like a dream. I also like the new suspension. It feels slightly 'boingy' until you get used to it. It seems to sit slightly lower on the road and because of that, handles better. The GS is now the bike I hoped for! :beerjug:

BMW really took the issue of stolen clocks seriously, and realising the desirability of the new TFT screen, thought very carefully... before mounting it with exactly the same crappy circlip that can be removed in about 5 seconds. :)

Have you taken a couple of seconds to rotate the circlip through 180 degrees? It won't push off downwards so, by having the lip at the bottom and the open part of the C at the top, it changes its removal from a one finger pull upwards job to one requiring tools. If that's not enough, a security screw into the centre of the core with a washer or cap to cover the circlip will make it more difficult again.

I love the new look.managed a huge 3 miles on it
7fc2d7ca07333ca9de09ea9523a9b406.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

There a link related to making a cover on one of the forums I used a plastic clip used for covering screws in tin roofs I had to hand.Simply drill a small shallow hole in the speedo lug for a 3 or 4mm self taper to retain the cover it then stops access to the clip as you need to remove the screen to take the cover off.

Bostin - I nearly went with the Rallye, but ended up with Racing Red TE instead - either way, a very impressive piece of kit :thumb2.

Is your luggage black wrapped and if so, some details please.

And about the in-fill panels too please.

Bostin - I nearly went with the Rallye, but ended up with Racing Red TE instead - either way, a very impressive piece of kit :thumb2.

Is your luggage black wrapped and if so, some details please.

And about the in-fill panels too please.
Yes I had them rapped by a local guy in clacton.all the luggage was from my 14 plate and where scratched so rapped them.i like the look.all three for £250

Jim will you be able to keep up with me and Dean on our Africa Twins on holiday next year LOL.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I’m still not warming to the Rallye GSA colours. Just looks wrong, IMO.

Jealousy is a terrible thing Arsey. However, seeing that it’s Christmas I will pause in my efforts to patronize Guernsey and all that choose to live there and wish you a merry Christmas.

Neil

(P.S. it’s never to late to see the light and move to Jersey and buy a GS :beerjug:)

Neil if you bump into Ivan the Spark Minister of sports in Guernesey get him a beer for me, if you are in Black Forest I will give you the fiver :beerjug:

Will do SmogBob.
I sometimes have to go to Guernsey (although I make sure all my jabs are up to date).
I also frequent the Black Forest so you just never know..............:D

Happy New Year :beerjug:

I really did not like the Rallye when it was first launched, but now it’s growing on me. Especially with the gear box looks to have been sorted,and the new display, to the point of thinking, shall I treat my self.

All the photos make the bikes look lovely...... enjoy your bikes boys..

Back
Top Bottom