Rallye TE

Tricky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just some initial thoughts on the new bike and not a detailed review as such as still on newish tyres on slippery winter roads. :)

Looks. Love the lupin blue colour and blue frame. Frame protectors and radiator guards are a useful touch as standard.

Active suspension. Had the semi active on my previous GSA and honestly haven’t yet noticed much of a difference.

Gearbox. Continues to feel smoother (I had an early 14 reg bike and the gearbox was frankly awful).

TFT Screen. Bloody lovely :D and once you get the hang of navigating around it pretty intuitive. I haven’t bothered loading the app yet to link with my phone etc as I have enough trouble concentrating on riding to think about phone calls and music. I have the Nav 6 so don’t need the (very basic) route instructions that you can access at the moment. Plus you get black switchgear instead of grey. :bounce1

Hill hold assist. When I checked the manual I thought it read Hilltop assist which would have been nice as standard. Still not sure what the point of it is mind? :p

Standard GS. After two previous GSAs it’s quite nice to be back on a less bulky elephant. Think more Indian than African. ;)

Bowling Club. I’m not a member (yet) as I don’t possess a cream sports jacket and matching flat cap.

Overall l’m so far pleased with the change to the standard Rallye. :thumb2

Attachments

• 11252CD4-CECE-43D6-A840-9CE5C5257CCC.jpg
    11252CD4-CECE-43D6-A840-9CE5C5257CCC.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 2,526
  • BE8FB1C4-3579-4A95-B60D-1A0222413E21.jpg
    BE8FB1C4-3579-4A95-B60D-1A0222413E21.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 2,480
  • 2B596CAB-D80B-4C4A-A6AD-A88ED406329D.jpg
    2B596CAB-D80B-4C4A-A6AD-A88ED406329D.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 2,481
Great looking bike Tricky, the TFT dash does look great and with the graphics and blue frame sets it apart from the norm enjoy and Merry Christmas :beerjug:

Hang on a minute

Have i missed the weeks and weeks of deliberations ?

The agonising and the input from the assembled expert retards

have i missed all this or have you just been and bought it

Hang on a minute

Have i missed the weeks and weeks of deliberations ?

The agonising and the input from the assembled expert retards

have i missed all this or have you just been and bought it

Public agonising followed by prolonged deliberation with no end result are now only Twizzles prerogative Rick. I have turned over a new leaf. :)

Great looking bike...Enjoy :thumb2 ....I have the GSA Rallye which you don't get rad guards which seems a little amiss when your spending 18k :blast....BUT have to say I'm loving the bike, coming from 15 but 16 spec bike I've noticed the gearbox and suspension improvement but like you I've still got hairy tyres and, mix them with wet slime roads, doesn't give you much chance of really test the bike.

Does it come with the black GSA seats as standard now?

It’s a Rallye with TE spec so has a standard GS spec seat, centre stand and screen. Suspension height is also standard bike so I think the GSA height suspension is only on the sport Rallye variant. I think. :)

Lovely looking bike but it seems a tad pointless having two screens though.The new screen looks nice but from reading its a long way from correct integration with accessories such as mobile,headsets and some decent form of internal GPS.

Only one screen and that’s the standard one.

So put your arm down and pay attention. :D

Just got one myself 300 miles on it now, loving it.
After having a GS last time I thought that the seats were different on this.? I've had an LC GSA as well perhaps, they are the GSA seats.?

I have my seat set on the higher setting (I’m 6 2”) and it feels perfect.

I thought the TE spec included a normal GS seat but as the man in the orthopaedic shoes would say “I stand to be corrected”. :D

Public agonising followed by prolonged deliberation with no end result are now only Twizzles prerogative Rick. I have turned over a new leaf. :)

Fair dos
My mate Andy has one and FWIW i think it is the nicest GS to date and agin IMO the paint finish is as good as BMW have done for years

one of the best bikes i have had is my Rallye. I ordered with std screen and the two seater I use these in the winter, during the summer i have the single bench seat and small screen.

I am waiting for nutty to see me his dark screen when he sells his Rallye ....first dibs on that

Enjoy

one of the best bikes i have had is my Rallye. I ordered with std screen and the two seater I use these in the winter, during the summer i have the single bench seat and small screen.

I am waiting for nutty to see me his dark screen when he sells his Rallye ....first dibs on that

Enjoy

Noted :thumb:D

How well is the TFT screen secured? I remember an issue with clocks being stolen so screen protectors were sold. Have they improved this at all?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom