USA Maps onto Nav 5

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
having a problem which I might have to take to a Garmin forum but hoped some here might be able to help. ...and before anyone ask yes, I have already contacted Wapping.....Thanks Richard but what you sent me want really what I was looking for.

I bought a second hand Nav 5 here which I intend to use on my USA Trip in 2018. I also bought the USA 49 states maps last year (download not disc) which is linked to my current Zumo 590.
I would like to be able to get these maps now onto my new Nav V but I don't know how.

As I don't have a disc and only the download I fear that I will have to buy the maps again but this time for the Nav V. Would like to avoid this is I can.

if anyone has any tips Id really appreciate it.

otherwise I will just have to buy the maps again

having a problem which I might have to take to a Garmin forum but hoped some here might be able to help. ...and before anyone ask yes, I have already contacted Wapping.....Thanks Richard but what you sent me want really what I was looking for.

I bought a second hand Nav 5 here which I intend to use on my USA Trip in 2018. I also bought the USA 49 states maps last year (download not disc) which is linked to my current Zumo 590.
I would like to be able to get these maps now onto my new Nav V but I don't know how.

As I don't have a disc and only the download I fear that I will have to buy the maps again but this time for the Nav V. Would like to avoid this is I can.

if anyone has any tips Id really appreciate it.

otherwise I will just have to buy the maps again

......I bit the bullet and bought a new update for the Nav V.

Your original dowload was probably linked only to your 590.

Open Street Maps is the way to go.

For my 2018 USA trip I have bought the full USA map set on a SD card. I’ll just plug it in to my Nav 5 when I get there.
If you bought your maps for the 590 then they are tied to that device by Garmin.

Your original dowload was probably linked only to your 590.

Open Street Maps is the way to go.

yup, that's it. For 40 euros I bought the Garmin 49 States and linked this to the Nav V. A bit of expense but still this is the GPS unit I hope to be using next year and future years on our USA trips or further afield.
Thanks anyway

Back
Top Bottom