EzCan rear light.

The Skene P3's look very smart but a bit pricey and you have to splice into the loom, using the Ezcan there is no splicing needed but then the choice of settings is less, as I already had the rear light and the Ezcan which originally was just for the front spots the rear light is a bonus. It certainly stands out and it can seen from the side of the bike whilst the bikes rear light seems to fade from view, but like all pictures they do not show to full potential. So far as I am concerned the car behind me needs all the help it can get to see me and this solution works for me.

IMG_1728

IMG_1729

IMG_1730

IMG_1732

Bang tidy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Did you need to fabricate any other bracket to get that light to attach to the rear rack?

2. Does the light have dual intensity LED's that will act as a tail light and then brighter with application of the brakes?

It looks great, I have the Skene P3's now which are not wired to the Hex as I wanted to retain the conspicuity feature of the Skene controller but an additional brake light would be good.

Hi, the bracket was made with 25mmx25mm Ali angle and the light is only single intensity it is the ez-can which makes it dual purpose.

My two lights arrived yesterday and were fitted same day. Working well. Been out today and chuffed with the expense. Cheaper than the Denali brake light which isn’t available yet.

I’ve got videos if anybody wants to PM me and email address to send them to. I aren’t going down the PhotoFucket road again.

Fitted one to the bottom of the number plate looks good.The only issue I found was that I had to reconfigure the connections as I was going to use the forth for a horn but the software doesnt allow that.It had to be right light,left light ,rear light and accesories lead.

Thanks mate. They posted to the UK no bother?

No problem at all. Arrived in country within 4 days of ordering. Prior to that I had several email communications with them just asking questions which they were more than happy to answer.

Fitted one to the bottom of the number plate looks good.The only issue I found was that I had to reconfigure the connections as I was going to use the forth for a horn but the software doesnt allow that.It had to be right light,left light ,rear light and accesories lead.

There is a channel configuration (number 4 I think) that allows both lights on one output so might let you do what you want. The only drawback, which I don't see as a negative is if you set the lights to be suppressed when the indicator is flashing then both sides will be suppressed if either indicator is on, which I see as preferable anyway. I asked the company about this before buying the unit recently and they confirmed this, and at my suggestion will think about making suppressing lights on both sides an option, even if driven from separate outputs.

Fred

Edit: just plugged mine into the computer and confirmed this - you set the channel configuration in the settings menu (three bars at top right).

I don't know how to post an eBay link but if you type in hex ezcan the one for the GS is sold by wheelie junky, two of us have bought from him and not had to pay import duties.

Back
Top Bottom