EzCan rear light.

Country boy

Reaction score
Having read on the forum about the EzCan and scouting around on Youtube I duly sent for one. I set up the unit for the Bikevis lights that came off the old bike and I very impressed with how it has turned out.
I followed a mate one day down the M6 in the pouring rain once and noted how hard it was to see his rear light so ever since all my bikes get a "fog light". It is purely an led light from www.Whitelights.de LED-Nebelschlußlicht/Rückfahrlic and it is very, very bright. Now with the Ezcan not only is it a rear light it also can work as a brake light, blooming brilliant, no pun intended. The different settings for the rear/brake light if some can't see you stopping they probably should not be driving.

It is mounted under the top box rack, nicely in line with a car drivers line of site, and I assure you it is very bright!

I will do some in the morning if I can figure out how to post pics on the forum.

You don't need an EzCan to mount extra rear brake lights, the Skene P3 lights fit and work fine with the Canbus by just tapping into the existing loom.

The Skene P3's look very smart but a bit pricey and you have to splice into the loom, using the Ezcan there is no splicing needed but then the choice of settings is less, as I already had the rear light and the Ezcan which originally was just for the front spots the rear light is a bonus. It certainly stands out and it can seen from the side of the bike whilst the bikes rear light seems to fade from view, but like all pictures they do not show to full potential. So far as I am concerned the car behind me needs all the help it can get to see me and this solution works for me.

IMG_1728

IMG_1729

IMG_1730

IMG_1732

Looks good and certainly stands out :thumby:
I have a skene P3 on the K1600 and if memory serves it was $130ish about two years ago.

Hi Country boy, That looks good. Is it the one Andi archer has highlighted at 29.90 euros? Also can you give some details about routing the wiring and connecting to the ezcan. Many thanks.
Allan

Hi GoldTop, yes it is the one Andi has highlighted, routing the wire for the light is not very good, I just fixed it to the rack as much as I could and then passed it under the rear seat. Connecting to ezcan is the easy bit the unit comes with four "tails" all you have to do is pick which one you want to use and then solder the wires together and use shrink tube over the joint. Configure the settings in ezcan and your done. It can be set as just a brake light or brake light and rear light.

Hi GoldTop, yes it is the one Andi has highlighted, routing the wire for the light is not very good, I just fixed it to the rack as much as I could and then passed it under the rear seat. Connecting to ezcan is the easy bit the unit comes with four "tails" all you have to do is pick which one you want to use and then solder the wires together and use shrink tube over the joint. Configure the settings in ezcan and your done. It can be set as just a brake light or brake light and rear light.

That should read " pick the one for the rear light" it's the one with an exclamation mark

Thanks for the information Country boy. Will get one ordered. Allan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Andi, I was having trouble with modify the post so tried a different approach :confused::confused:

I have just noticed this post has an edit button, must try harder!

Its OK CB I wasnt having a poke at you :D

The light mod is an excellent addition to have on the road these days.

Back
Top Bottom