Africa Twin Annoying Issue

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Since buying my Africa Twin, there is one really annoying issue.... the fuel tank range.

After getting used to the GSA with the massive fuel tank range, I'm really missing that convenience between fill ups.

There I've said it. :rolleyes::blast

Other than that, I love it. :thumb2

Larger tank?

Larger tank Sir :nenau

Attachments

• Africa Twin Adventure Sports 170821_DCT_RFQ.jpg
    Africa Twin Adventure Sports 170821_DCT_RFQ.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 769
Since buying my Africa Twin, there is one really annoying issue.... the fuel tank range.

After getting used to the GSA with the massive fuel tank range, I'm really missing that convenience between fill ups.

There I've said it. :rolleyes::blast

Other than that, I love it. :thumb2

I'm coping with it....by simply thinking of what I paid for it. :beerjug:

I'm coping with it....by simply thinking of what I paid for it. :beerjug:

Yeah exactly. I'm not shelling out for the new Adventure Sport, because that'd be daft. It'd be cheaper to buy a spare bolt on petrol can :D

I was out on a rideout with my mates the other day, merrily enjoying myself (completely forgot about the mileage) and looked down to a flashing one bar..... feck :( (because their all on BMW Adventures)... :blast

It'll catch me out one day if I'm not careful.

This is the same reason I didn't buy one, but the new adv. one may well get a look in......

Yeah exactly. I'm not shelling out for the new Adventure Sport, because that'd be daft. It'd be cheaper to buy a spare bolt on petrol can :D

I was out on a rideout with my mates the other day, merrily enjoying myself (completely forgot about the mileage) and looked down to a flashing one bar..... feck :( (because their all on BMW Adventures)... :blast

It'll catch me out one day if I'm not careful.

This is the same reason I didn't buy one, but the new adv. one may well get a look in......

Our group of 6 or 7 ride a variety of stuff with big tanks but one has an old 1150 gs so has to stop at 180 miles anyway. (another has a new to him Caponord, not sure how big a tank that has ?) The AT will fit in nicely.

:thumb2

The least I’ve got before the dash starts flashing is 175 miles. Usually I’m getting 200/215 before filling up. I did run her to the point of the readout saying it was zero miles and I’d done 247 miles when I filled up. The tank took 18.5 litres, so 0.3 litres left.

Our group of 6 or 7 ride a variety of stuff with big tanks but one has an old 1150 gs so has to stop at 180 miles anyway. (another has a new to him Caponord, not sure how big a tank that has ?) The AT will fit in nicely.

My 08 capponord had a25 litre tank. About 43 mpg if I remember correctly. I kept it for a year or so. I loved the handling. Chopped it in for a fjr. JJH

Wtf are you doing going around with people with on GSAs ?

Your perception of poor take range will disappear and your street cred will rocket by simply disowning these so-called “friends”

:hogroast:hogroast

Hmmm - trouble is im used to my G/S with its 32 litre PD tank doing well over 330 - 350 miles. When I use the 45 litre HPN plastic tank im getting closer to 500 miles.....

Whinging fuckers
My ducati does not even have a fuel gauge so i have to guess

Thats a bit if a shitter isn't it, I mean when you are out riding and it stops it might not actually have broken down , it might just have run out of petrol. How will you tell? Shame on Ducati ! :D

Thats a bit if a shitter isn't it, I mean when you are out riding and it stops it might not actually have broken down , it might just have run out of petrol. How will you tell? Shame on Ducati ! :D

It does have a light that comes on but its a bit hit and miss but there are 2 trip counters to help !

I never take it past 150 miles on a tank just in case

Again many of the Ducati do have a gauge but the hyper does not but i can forgive it

Look up Camel Tank. This is the answer. I put one on my KTM 1190R. Brilliant !!! They do one for the Africa twin :thumb

It'll give you a shade over 25 litres in total.

My 1983 CB1100R has a 27 litre aluminium tank - mine you, it was a tool - a vintage tool now maybe, but in it's day a tool :thumb2

Well i for one would rater fill up a bit more often than haul 30 kilos of fuel around
Modern world plenty of fuel stations you just don't need the range :aidan

Fucking pikey. You keep telling us how rich you are, so sell that cheap crap, and get the one with the big boys fuel tank.;)

Well i for one would rater fill up a bit more often than haul 30 kilos of fuel around
Modern world plenty of fuel stations you just don't need the range :aidan

Not when you're out in middle of nowhere, and forget to look at the fuel gauge as too busy riding with bikermates.

Fucking pikey. You keep telling us how rich you are, so sell that cheap crap, and get the one with the big boys fuel tank.;)

Shateeeet you... :)

Define the middle of nowhere......;)

And wouldn’t experience tell you to keep an eye on your fuel gauge as you head to that fabled spot ? :rob :D

Define the middle of nowhere......;)

That point on the map when you look down at your fuel gauge flashing one bar and about to run out.

Experience tells me to buy a GSA and don't worry about such things :D

Back
Top Bottom