Pillion utility box

I`ve no idea if this has worked............ aha it has! This is it clipping onto and being removed from the bike - simples!

You actually look sober in that video! Tell me it’s an illusion of the camera? :p

Talking of which here’s the beloved wine rack. Not for the faint hearted :)
8a0e7a1f23614cd2d0a89cca27084d2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe they have a few million of bank cash for R&D :augie where is Touratech now.

God knows....they took 3 flaming months to get me my crash bar extensions, first time I've ever bought something from them and will be the last for a while, an utter shambles!

God knows....they took 3 flaming months to get me my crash bar extensions, first time I've ever bought something from them and will be the last for a while, an utter shambles!

Yup, they haven`t been the best recently eh. The business failing was the final act but it answers a load of questions on recent service etc etc. I hope the new owners get them back on their feet.

The only Touratech item remaining on my bike is the screen anti rattle widget. But that’s only because it was very low cost 2nd hand.
IMO their stuff is too fiddly and too fussy.
The hard part steering stop reduced steering lock far too much. Wunderlich
Version is better & neater.
Frame boot protectors trapped mud and caused more corrosion.
Headlamp protector is clumsy and causes far too much glare.
Their cylinder head protectors were worse than having no protection at all.
The rocker cover got scratched anyway and the M6 mounting screws were bent Z shape. I was lucky the cylinder head itself was not cracked.

It’s entirely possible I won’t miss them.

I bought this box with the intention of carrying around my tools, puncture repair kit etc. on my LC GS.

However, I wanted it to go way beyond it's design brief and also be able to carry my 2m Pragmasis 13mm noose chain and squire lock for when I tour and can't get secure parking. This chain alone weighs in at 10kg! I have seen 42" croppers shatter at the jaws without making a dent in the chain and that will do for me. Of course a grinder will eventually get through it with a lot of noise and time, but it is meant to be a 'portable' chain so there are compromises. The trouble is, how do you carry it and keep the weight central?

Well, the pillion area is the best place, and this box seems ideal. But the weight? Mark said to try it and if it didnt work, he would fix and strengthen it.

Anyway, the box arrived, and it is indeed well made and looks great fixed to the pillion area. Once adjusted, it is rock solid. The chain - all 2m of it - fits inside with room for other stuff. (If you have not seen this chain in the flesh, it is massive, even thuogh it's one of the smaller Pragmasis chains) However, I was still not convinced about it's load capacity, especially when you add in some banging around on light off road trails.

I had a email exchange with Mark with some pics, and he went way above and beyond the call of duty looking into my concerns and spent lots of time sourcing and desgning extra supports which he bought and tested on a box inhouse, before sending on to me to add to my box without any extra charge.

I have no affiliation with Mark or Cymarc, but when someone provides a service like this, I believe it deserves to be recognised. He has a very satisfied customer, and I have another cool item for my bike!

I bought this box with the intention of carrying around my tools, puncture repair kit etc. on my LC GS.

However, I wanted it to go way beyond it's design brief and also be able to carry my 2m Pragmasis 13mm noose chain and squire lock for when I tour and can't get secure parking. This chain alone weighs in at 10kg! I have seen 42" croppers shatter at the jaws without making a dent in the chain and that will do for me. Of course a grinder will eventually get through it with a lot of noise and time, but it is meant to be a 'portable' chain so there are compromises. The trouble is, how do you carry it and keep the weight central?

Well, the pillion area is the best place, and this box seems ideal. But the weight? Mark said to try it and if it didnt work, he would fix and strengthen it.

Anyway, the box arrived, and it is indeed well made and looks great fixed to the pillion area. Once adjusted, it is rock solid. The chain - all 2m of it - fits inside with room for other stuff. (If you have not seen this chain in the flesh, it is massive, even thuogh it's one of the smaller Pragmasis chains) However, I was still not convinced about it's load capacity, especially when you add in some banging around on light off road trails.

I had a email exchange with Mark with some pics, and he went way above and beyond the call of duty looking into my concerns and spent lots of time sourcing and desgning extra supports which he bought and tested on a box inhouse, before sending on to me to add to my box without any extra charge.

I have no affiliation with Mark or Cymarc, but when someone provides a service like this, I believe it deserves to be recognised. He has a very satisfied customer, and I have another cool item for my bike!

Very kind words but I hardly did anything apart from helping another Tosser which, I`m sure any (or most!) of us would do anyway!

On behalf of all of the Team (me, Mick & Aaron) thanks anyway, I`m really chuffed you took the time to share your thoughts (and that they were good ones, phew)

Top guys, all four of you.

Thanks for the update, so it should cope with my 1.5m 19mm Pragmasis ;)

:beerjug:

I've done a similar, but unsecured, type thing.

I bought the Cymarc Stainless Steel pillion plate and strapped a Kriega OS-18 Waterproof bag to it.

Inside I've fitted my Pragmasis 2 meter 13mm security chain, my Dumbell Lock, tyre repair kit, bike cover and emergency Waterproof coveralls.

This has two good effects.

1) The pillion plate slows down thieves from popping your pillion seat off and unplugging your ECU. The pillion plate is bolted down with no easy access.

2) All your security chains, locks, covers etc are all tidy and out of the way but still easy to access.

I bought the Cymarc Stainless Steel pillion plate and strapped a Kriega OS-18 Waterproof bag to it.

Inside I've fitted my Pragmasis 2 meter 13mm security chain, my Dumbell Lock, tyre repair kit, bike cover and emergency Waterproof coveralls.

1) The pillion plate slows down thieves from popping your pillion seat off and unplugging your ECU. The pillion plate is bolted down with no easy access.

2) All your security chains, locks, covers etc are all tidy and out of the way but still easy to access.

Good idea, I like that kriega stuff, chuffing expensive but soooooo nice :drool

Would love to do the same, any ideas how to get rid of my pillion..................:augie not att style by the way

Back
Top Bottom