Misfire & data logs

The oil pressure connector can be prone to water ingress, a mates GS had a temperamental oil pressure warning when wet. Might be worth a squirt of WD or similar on the connector.

My old 2004 GS had issues from build in summer stop/start traffic with oil warnings using 10W40, solved when BMW changed to 20W50 for oil servicing in 2006.

I dropped in a liter of 20/50 at last interim fill - its going fully 20/50 when the full service is due :)

Did you ever get a resolution to the misfire/poor running at low revs?

My bike has very similar but intermittent symptoms. I have replaced all coils (and swapped back) and replaced a faulty Lambda (possibly damaged by the misfire). I am now thinking its an air leak somewhere, the idle control valve or the TPS. My GS911 real time values don't seem to show anything untoward insomuch as where there are pairs of values for each cylinder they are close or the same.

Did you ever get a resolution to the misfire/poor running at low revs?

My bike has very similar but intermittent symptoms. I have replaced all coils (and swapped back) and replaced a faulty Lambda (possibly damaged by the misfire). I am now thinking its an air leak somewhere, the idle control valve or the TPS. My GS911 real time values don't seem to show anything untoward insomuch as where there are pairs of values for each cylinder they are close or the same.

I swapped the TPS to a SH unit - Cleaned via the instructions on here touch wood it no longer stalls when stopping at junctions
Ticks over at 1K when stopping & has reduced the low speed snatch considerably, coming of the throttle it rolls off rather than dumping itself if that makes sense :)

If you want a pattern part there £38 from the bay

I swapped the TPS to a SH unit - Cleaned via the instructions on here touch wood it no longer stalls when stopping at junctions
Ticks over at 1K when stopping & has reduced the low speed snatch considerably, coming of the throttle it rolls off rather than dumping itself if that makes sense :)

If you want a pattern part there £38 from the bay

Thanks, saw the thread with the info about the TPS. Its probably worth a go at that price.

Back
Top Bottom