AT insurance surprise.

jj65

Reaction score
Thought I’d just get an idea on how much it would cost to insure a new AT, as I’m seriously thinking of getting the ATAS in 18. I’ve had 16 road bikes (and 10 trials bikes) since I was 16 (I’m now 52 ish), most my bikes have been big Kawasaki’s (in the 80’s and 90’s or BM’s (in the 2000’s), but haven’t had a road bike since 2009, until I got a 250 Rally in May this year for pottering around on.

So got a few quotes on the Meerkat site, put in my details for fully comp, less than a years recent riding experience and zero no claim discount (bummer as I had 9 years protected for my last stint on road bikes). Was very surprised on the quotes with a £175 compulsory excess and zero voluntary, disc lock only, garaged and 9000 annual mileage, pillion cover, legal cover, kit insurance, personal accident cover and breakdown cover (don’t want it but hey ho) all included for...........
£272.56 :eek: :bounce1 :D that was with Bennett’s Additions (which was cheaper than Bennett’s, without all the extras added :confused::nenau I don’t know what Bennett’s are like to deal with, but I was pleasantly surprised at the price, I was expecting more like £600 plus. Obviously the AT is considered a low risk:thumb

Bennett's are owned by Saga. Nothing wrong with their products and customer service tends to be good.

It is their marketing model to give you your first policy at a cheap price once you are over 50, then market you with gazillions of other products for the rest of your life. My first policy was a car policy about 5 years ago. I moved house 3 years ago and do not intend to let them know where I am now...

Nice surprise, so no excuse not to treat yourself now then. :thumb

I’m also hoping 2018 will bring me a ATAS, sometime later in the year. :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom