r1200gs 2015 tyres for touring

Deleted account 200417001

Reaction score
Until now I have been using annakee III and they seem ok.

I am off to eastern europe early in the year with a group of guys who will be doing 'spirited' rides. I thought having a more road based tyre may be better.

I was looking at the road pilot 4 trail?

Anygood for hooning it around bends, or will annakees be good enough.

The Anakee 3 is a road-based tyre. If it works for you on the roads, why change? I'd hate to use them off-road.

Until now I have been using annakee III and they seem ok.

I am off to eastern europe early in the year with a group of guys who will be doing 'spirited' rides. I thought having a more road based tyre may be better.

I was looking at the road pilot 4 trail?

Anygood for hooning it around bends, or will annakees be good enough.

I’ve tried both - and Conti trail attack. For road only use I couldn’t beat the PR4 - though I think there’s a PR5 coming out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll be putting Conti Road Attack 3's on in March; they have great reviews & a few mates have them on & really rate them.

I did try a set of PR 4's and they too were excellent, although they did wear quite quickly due to the compound mix of medium/soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I use road 4 gt on the rear lasts longer than the trail version and does not square off as quick, it has a harder center,
not noticed any disadvantages, only a few quid more, got 10k out of the last one

Plenty of choices out there, but the best option is to ride in your safety zone, not the others, some guys are made for TT races and others just bumble along, just ride safe and no shame being last.

Got 2 punctures in the same day (yesterday) on PR4Trail............it's been about 3 years since I had a puncture......guess what was on my bike then....yep....PR4Trail's.

Avon Trailrider's......the best tyre I have ever used on the GS.

Sent from a U11

Conti road attack3 or Roadsmart 3.
While agreeing that the Michelin road 4 is a superb tyre, I also had too many punctures on the rear to just be coincidence. Maybe the tread pattern on the new 5 version will sort out the issue.

I have had two sets of Road Pilot 4's now and they are excellent on road, I use the GT version on the rear for better wear, trail is only available for the front in the size required for the GS.

I've not had any punctures in them.

Road Pilot 5's for the GS won't be available until the summer according to the Michelin website.

had pr4s on an 09 gs for 20k mls, not the same set obviously and they are a great road tyre. if you want an adventure look try the avon trail riders. brother was involved in testing them and used them on continental trips and found them good ..

I have had two sets of Road Pilot 4's now and they are excellent on road, I use the GT version on the rear for better wear, trail is only available for the front in the size required for the GS.

I've not had any punctures in them.

Road Pilot 5's for the GS won't be available until the summer according to the Michelin website.

The GT's have been recomended to me, wasnt aware the front wasnt avalible until now, How did you get on with the Trail on the front and GT on rear ?

Back
Top Bottom