Funny Fog Light

SPCK111

Reaction score
Hi All,

Went to ride the GS home from work today and I noticed the left hand fog light wasn't working. I took it off when I got home and and wd40'd the electrical connection and the light started flickering. If i tapped the light it stayed on for a few seconds and the flickered until it went off. I took the entire light apart by removing the three small hex screws from the rear and cleaned everything (All looked ok inside, bikes a 2016 model) I put it all back together and it was now only flickering slightly when i turned the lights off, just before the light went out. I turned the lights on and off several times and the flickering eventually stopped but now the lights are turning off in sequence, so to speak. The left hand fog, the right and fog then the headlight but its not flickering. I didn't notice if it turned off like this before or not. Any ideas before I do a warranty jobbie.

Kind regards

DKH

Hi All,

Went to ride the GS home from work today and I noticed the left hand fog light wasn't working. I took it off when I got home and and wd40'd the electrical connection and the light started flickering. If i tapped the light it stayed on for a few seconds and the flickered until it went off. I took the entire light apart by removing the three small hex screws from the rear and cleaned everything (All looked ok inside, bikes a 2016 model) I put it all back together and it was now only flickering slightly when i turned the lights off, just before the light went out. I turned the lights on and off several times and the flickering eventually stopped but now the lights are turning off in sequence, so to speak. The left hand fog, the right and fog then the headlight but its not flickering. I didn't notice if it turned off like this before or not. Any ideas before I do a warranty jobbie.

Kind regards

DKH
Fire.

Or check connections working back from lights.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Been riding all over the Christmas period in lots of rain so that’s distinct possibility. It’s in a heated garage overnight so will see tomorrow morning. Do the two foglights normally go on and off at the same time or slightly apart? Apart from doing that it seems fine now

Been riding all over the Christmas period in lots of rain so that’s distinct possibility. It’s in a heated garage overnight so will see tomorrow morning. Do the two foglights normally go on and off at the same time or slightly apart? Apart from doing that it seems fine now

The connectors hold a lot of water apparently.
Disconnect and use electrical grease to stop the water sitting on the connect points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The connectors hold a lot of water apparently.
Disconnect and use electrical grease to stop the water sitting on the connect points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did this. All sorted. Working fine now. Thanks for all the suggestions. :)

started pissing about again so I dropped it back to BMW and they replaced light no problem result...

DKH

Mines been doing this on and off for months. I understood it's a common problem. Cotswold Motorrad have offered to do it under warranty. Need to get it booked in

Back
Top Bottom