HEXEZCAN or CANSWITCH ?

ianm00

Reaction score
Hi,

Many people seem to have used the HEXEZCAN to control extra lights etc. Has anybody tried CANSWITCH http://www.canswitch.co.za/downloads.html

The canswitch looks like it has more input and outputs and can be programmed to operate in many different custom modes.

Ian

The canswitch looks limited, in that it requires an external relay.

The Hex Ezcan does all the high power 12V switching in the unit.

The main difference between the OEM ezcan and the Denali branded one is that the Denali will not turn off a driving light when the blinker for the same side is on....

The OEM ezcan also has problems with 3 wire lights...

The canswitch looks limited, in that it requires an external relay.

The Hex Ezcan does all the high power 12V switching in the unit.

The main difference between the OEM ezcan and the Denali branded one is that the Denali will not turn off a driving light when the blinker for the same side is on....

The OEM ezcan also has problems with 3 wire lights...

:beerjug: good to know

Having just fitted an Ezcan which does both the front spots and a rear light/brake light plus another accessory I still have one outlet for another device. It all works seamlessly with the bikes electronics and existing switches, the unit itself is small enough to tuck out of the way under the seat so for me Ezcan does it all.

Looks like the canswitch has more configurable options and more outputs but there seems to be no price or availability yet

All

Im not talking about Denali Canswitch.

See web: http://www.canswitch.co.za/

It is approx £175 including postage from SA (not sure about import tax)

It doesn't require external relays, has 8 outputs and is programmable. Looks much more flexible than HEX EZCAN

Ian

Thats where I looked they dont list a price so from where did you get it?

Import would be 20% VAT + postal processing charge of around £10 depending on who is delivering the item.

All

Im not talking about Denali Canswitch.

See web: http://www.canswitch.co.za/

It is approx £175 including postage from SA (not sure about import tax)

It doesn't require external relays, has 8 outputs and is programmable. Looks much more flexible than HEX EZCAN

Ian

Hi
I have a Canswitch fitted to my 2016 R1200R it is easy to fit and works well, it is WI-FI and you can program it to do what you want using 8 outputs, it is also possible to alter standard settings using a local network on your Smartphone. I am slowly working out what is can do and Dirk the developer is friendly and approachable.
The cost was £167 with no import duties I am not sure if I was lucky with not having to pay duties.But it is worthwhile having a look at the website.

Yes their video seems very instructional as to the features and connecting and configuring with a mobile seems to be a doddle.

Hi
I have a Canswitch fitted to my 2016 R1200R it is easy to fit and works well, it is WI-FI and you can program it to do what you want using 8 outputs, it is also possible to alter standard settings using a local network on your Smartphone. I am slowly working out what is can do and Dirk the developer is friendly and approachable.
The cost was £167 with no import duties I am not sure if I was lucky with not having to pay duties.But it is worthwhile having a look at the website.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. What sort of thinks are you using it to control?
Im interested in adding fog/spot lights at the front and an additional rear led to be used as extra light/brake light and hopefully bright fog light (was previously rear ended on motorway so want nice bright light at rear)

Thanks

I am controlling front spotlamps (controlled by the indicator cancel switch) it allows the light to be at 70% of power on dip in daylight and at night using the light sensor it sets them at 20% and when main beam is turned on the spotlights are at full power also when the indicators are used the spotlights flash as well,using the Hazards makes the spotlights flash opposite to the indicators.this can all be adjusted, I also use it to control USB chargers but I have just started playing with it.
I can go on but please check the Canswitch web-site as I am not the best with a keyboard (one finger typing)
Ken
PS there is a option to add an extra tail/brake light as well.

I am controlling front spotlamps (controlled by the indicator cancel switch) it allows the light to be at 70% of power on dip in daylight and at night using the light sensor it sets them at 20% and when main beam is turned on the spotlights are at full power also when the indicators are used the spotlights flash as well,using the Hazards makes the spotlights flash opposite to the indicators.this can all be adjusted, I also use it to control USB chargers but I have just started playing with it.
I can go on but please check the Canswitch web-site as I am not the best with a keyboard (one finger typing)
Ken
PS there is a option to add an extra tail/brake light as well.

Yes I have downloaded various pdf files and even the ladder programming software interface. It looks like a very powerful useful device.
My main concern is that it doesn't appear to be 100% waterproof which is a problem on motorcycles!

Ian

I have it under the front seat and it is guarded from excess water but a lot on the electrical items on the bike are not 100% waterproof so hopefully it will not be an issue!

Back
Top Bottom