Price for the new 2018 Africa Twin Adventure, any quotes yet?

Hey Davy F, nice bike, what’s your thoughts on the Alpina wheel set, did you buy in uk or direct from Alpina Italy?

I’ve also done a deal for the new ATAS, don’t know as yet when I’ll get one, but looking forward to getting it. Trying not to accessories it, but would like tubeless tyres. Will also look at maybe some Denali D2 lights for it, as I like the two stage function, so you can run a daytime light and then flick full beam switch and get very bright setting.

Anybody running these Denali D2 lights on their bike, your feedback would be most welcome. :thumb2

The Alpinas were bought from the UK distributer, I don’t think you can buy direct. Really happy with them, fantastic quality, look nice and piece of mild over a tubed wheelset.

Attachments

• BA28FA20-BD9F-4CDB-AB03-032520021A9A.jpg
    BA28FA20-BD9F-4CDB-AB03-032520021A9A.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 1EA70BFC-2D28-47BF-B535-2AAE1F9EA51F.jpg
    1EA70BFC-2D28-47BF-B535-2AAE1F9EA51F.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 218
Just an update for those that might be interested, bikes are expected end of March, but there is no definitive date as of yet. The press launch is March and dealers get them after that. I’ve done the deal, I’m happy and the salesman kids will go hungry ;):D.

Roll on March (although at my age, I shouldn’t be wishing time away :D)

The Alpinas were bought from the UK distributer, I don’t think you can buy direct.

Actually, I think I’m mistaken. You do the deal through the Alpina website (in Italy) and the wheels are built and then sent out either direct or through the British distributer.

From The Honda Manager at Fowlers Bristol today;

"The Adventure Sport is due into the UK this quarter, currently forecast for delivery late February"

Just need to organise some suitable tyres to be sent up to them for fitting before I ride it out of the showroom :D

African Twin Adventure Sport ordered today, looking forward to getting it sometime either March or April (dealer couldn’t give details). Thinking of junking the OEM tyres (apparently they aren’t good), and getting some Avon Trialrider’s, which I believe are meant to be a pretty good all rounder.

:bounce1 :bounce1 :bounce1

Except for those grey panniers... yuk...
...and the silver swinging arm...and the white frame...and the gold wheels. I like the bike, but Honda really know how to make a bike look cheap.

...and the silver swinging arm...and the white frame...and the gold wheels. I like the bike, but Honda really know how to make a bike look cheap.

You’re obviously in the minority and have no taste or sense of style. Most have been crying out for what you dislike.....:p

I would say that I am in the minority in that I do have taste. :rolleyes: Although I like the bodywork colours of the Tricolour AT, I bought a Dakar Red bike due to not liking the gold wheels and white handguards. :cool:

I really like the new colour scheme, but as been pointed out, not to everybody’s taste.

How about these colour changes I did this afternoon, while bored. I no expert when it comes to photoshop, as you can see, but it’s quite nice trying out different colour schemes.

Attachments

• 7B979BC6-E158-40BB-8A7F-7F6CDC55DADF.jpg
    7B979BC6-E158-40BB-8A7F-7F6CDC55DADF.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 5A907BC2-6468-4BF3-8597-A4749660C407.jpg
    5A907BC2-6468-4BF3-8597-A4749660C407.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 87

Back
Top Bottom