Flithy weather, filthy bike...

Anyone tried these http://allyearbiker.co.uk/treatment/ ?

Tempted to try it
Yes I had the K1600 done two years ago by the local agent, he spent 1 1/2 hours removing all the dirt and tar before spraying the AFC 50 though he did stress it wasn't classed as a valet service.It looked great when finished and better than I could do

e096b20c570bfbfd04242f9c4914a1ff.png

702e8c5c9c7ecd58d9e18d2076373900.png

All Year Biker

Yes, used them several times - always a very thorough clean (far better detail than I can manage), and even bring the plastic (switch gear etc.) on classics up well too!

This picture is post clean (obviously) - the ACF50 does not keep all corrosion away though - just has the clutch cover, gearbox casing, cylinder heads, swinging arm and final drive replaced under goodwill - the corrosion on the engine is down to me to fix apparently - found that one hard to figure out.

Highly recommended.

Attachments

• BMW.jpg
    BMW.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 527
I've also used All Year Biker. I thought they did a great job, considering they don't sell themselves as a motorcycle valeting business. The price of £80 was good value as well. You will need to top up the stuff though on those vulnerable areas on the 2016 engines casings etc.

I had a Triumph Tiger a couple of years ago and did it myself. I applied it far too thick and smothered it. The bike looked awful all winter but when I cleaned it thoroughly in the spring there was not a single speck of corrosion on it.

If I was still commuting, that's what I'd do.

A good option if you don't mind your bike looking shabby through the winter. :beehatug:

Thanks guys

In summary to avoid you having to read the entire thread is:

• No, there is nothing you can do about the crap on the bike, live with it.
• Use ACF50 at the beginning of winter & wash it down with a hose / jet wash
• Or use FS365 every time you wash it.
• Use a neutral foam that smells like lemon
• Don’t bother with Nano coating
• Tyre type doesn’t matter
• It takes from 1 hour to half a day to clean it properly
• Remove the mudguard thingy at the back.
• Ride it and don’t worry
• Or leave it in the garage and ride a Honda (I had one of those before)

Ta, thanks for the tips, I think I had better get used to washing the blooming thing more often

Great summary here. I maybe have an odd question someone may be able to answer. I got given a paraffin spray gun recently and thought it might be useful for the application of AFC50 as the pump I use gets a bit clogged up. Being totally ignorant on these matters, I’m assuming that I need some kind of compressor to use the gun. If so do I have to go the the expense of a big one costing £100’s or will one used for paint spraying do or even a car tyre compressor? Cheers.

This may help you. You do need a spay that will produce a fine mist and warming the ACF 50 up first will help. Without spending loads of money you should be able to get something from local large garden centre. Otherwise Hoselock do a container that you pump up to create pressure.

ACF50 does not keep all corrosion away though - just has the clutch cover, gearbox casing, cylinder heads, swinging arm and final drive replaced under goodwill - the corrosion on the engine is down to me

Burn the witch :rob

I thought ACF50 was meant to be the be all and end all, in anti corrosion products. :augie:nenau

Burn the witch :rob

I thought ACF50 was meant to be the be all and end all, in anti corrosion products. :augie:nenau

People that look after their bikes tend to get less corrosion regardless of what products used. I reckon chip fat would work just as well.

I’m using Boeshield T-9. Very expensive but much better and longer corrosion protection than ACF50 and doesn’t leave a gloopy finish that’s hard to clean like Bilthamber Dynax.

Great summary here. I maybe have an odd question someone may be able to answer. I got given a paraffin spray gun recently and thought it might be useful for the application of AFC50 as the pump I use gets a bit clogged up. Being totally ignorant on these matters, I’m assuming that I need some kind of compressor to use the gun. If so do I have to go the the expense of a big one costing £100’s or will one used for paint spraying do or even a car tyre compressor? Cheers.

I use these http://www.diy.com/departments/verve-hand-sprayer-1-5l/300962_BQ.prd

One for ACF50 and one for Scotoiler Fs365. The brass nozzle gives a really nice fine spray. Just need to warm up the ACF50 one in a bucket of warm water before spraying.

This may help you. You do need a spay that will produce a fine mist and warming the ACF 50 up first will help. Without spending loads of money you should be able to get something from local large garden centre. Otherwise Hoselock do a container that you pump up to create pressure.

Ta thanks for the advice :thumby::thumby:

Agree Victor. The Verve very good and cheap as chips

Back
Top Bottom