Portugal 2nd week in May 2018

rocky burns

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Mid wales Where roads were built for bikes
Thinking of doing a trip out to Portugal in may.
Leaving on the boat on Around the 6th and returning on about the 20th.

Want to do some trails and will be going on my Husky 701 or ktm 950se so won't be doing anything too technical.
Looking at a bit of wild camping and the odd B&B to clean up.

I'll probably van the bike to Portsmouth(leave it there somewhere) and then take the bike on the ferry, or if its cheaper and there is a couple of us(take the van and leave it over in spain)

I haven't done any trails over in this region (only road stuff) so am looking for some big bike friendly stuff if anyone has some inside knowledge over there? Please...

Its just a trip to go and sus the place out really, so there may be some tooing and frowing:D

Any one fancy it give me a message, as i'd rather go with someone than on my own:thumb2

Cheers

Been having a look into this and its a big possibility Of routing onto the TET in Northern Spain and then heading onto the TET in Portugal.

At the moment I have one other interested party, which is a very nice chap I have ridden with a few times before..

There is room for 1 more rider really and it would be nice to keep the group as small as possible, due to Laws on wild camping in Spain and Portugal.

Will start trying to plan a route shortly, but if your interested give me a pm.:thumb2

http://www.transeurotrail.org/

Sorry Rocky, nowt to add but we're looking at a few days here in April 2019, flight to Porto and rental bikes for a few days....so bookmarking. :bow

Rocky have a good look at parking if you are landing at Santander because a few years back I was there in the van and had a hard time finding parking, they have restrictions everywhere for vans over 1.8metres in hight, and they clamp you really fast, I could not leave the van at the Ferry port as they only allowed pickup and drop off, my solution was to find a friendly hotel outside of town, and stayed overnight and done a deal with the owner that for 10 euros a day paid in advance, I could leave the van, we went to Portugal Faro, then came back got the van nice and safe and drove to the ferry, so maybe if you contact a few little hotels and ask them if you can leave the van, it might save you some headaches.

3 of us booked on the Ferry for the 8th may and back on the 22nd

Cant wait now:D:D

Thanks for the replies. looking at a slow bimble down to the ferry now on the bikes as it was cheaper to put the bikes on the ferry than the van. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom