P&O FERRY'S CONSIDERING A ROUTE TO SCANDINAVIA

I agree. Nice if it happens, but the past record isn't great.

Logically, the potential catchment for traffic wouldn't appear to support the idea - Newcastle would seem more appropriate, but that didn't pay apparently. Surely massive subsidies would be needed?

Not sure if lots of Norwegians would want to go on holiday to Scotland - too similar me thinks.

However, I guess Norway is the place to look for subsidies- they can afford it. I’d certainly travel up to Scotland for this service, nice start to the holiday :aidan

Not sure if lots of Norwegians would want to go on holiday to Scotland - too similar me thinks.

However, I guess Norway is the place to look for subsidies- they can afford it. I’d certainly travel up to Scotland for this service, nice start to the holiday :aidan
We used to get quite a few Norwegians across when the ferry was on. Some on holiday but a lot would come across shopping which is a lot easier in the car.

As has already been said. I won't be holding my breath either. There seems to be a story about this every year. Still, can live in hope.

Tourism alone will never be enough to make the route viable and I think subsidised rail transport to other hubs across the UK would be needed to make container movement work.

I hope it happens because I can do Rosyth in about 6 hours whereas Oslo is 3 days.

Most of the Norwegians who came over to Newcastle could be put in one of 2 categories , the ones who were only there to shop and the others who were wheeled off the ship in wheelchairs because they were so monumentaly pissed on cheap the chepaer booze and only made it as far as the pub 100 yards up the road before going back on the ship the same night

Most of the Norwegians who came over to Newcastle could be put in one of 2 categories , the ones who were only there to shop and the others who were wheeled off the ship in wheelchairs because they were so monumentaly pissed on cheap the chepaer booze and only made it as far as the pub 100 yards up the road before going back on the ship the same night

Ah yes, I forgot about the booze cruise :D

Ah yes, I forgot about the booze cruise :D

They’d have to price it cheaper than the round trip to Frederikshavn because that was a favourite booze cruise for them when I made the mistake of using it.

Not a cat in hell...
If it was financially viable, one of the operators would already be doing it.
The 2015 ferry emissions regs and the Norwegian governments opposition due to booze cruisers mean it's a dead duck.

Back
Top Bottom