Run Wire Under Center Panel?

Ron from BC

Reaction score
I'm in the process of running wires front up front to the battery and Hex ezCan at the back. I only have the co-ax wire for my heated jacket and I'm inclined to take it front the bars under the center panel so it comes out at the front of the seat so it's a nice straight run.

There appears to be enough room under the panel to accommodate the wire....anyone else run a wire there? Problems?

Thanks...

I run my auxiliary lights and an additional charge to my tank bag under there, no problem at all, just make sure when you install the wire you clear the mounting lugs as to not pinch the wires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yep... ditto to the above from Tonyx. I too run mu AUX lights through there. No issues at all.

I'm in the process of running wires front up front to the battery and Hex ezCan at the back. I only have the co-ax wire for my heated jacket and I'm inclined to take it front the bars under the center panel so it comes out at the front of the seat so it's a nice straight run.

There appears to be enough room under the panel to accommodate the wire....anyone else run a wire there? Problems?

Thanks...

Any chance of a few pics where you ran the wires through :beerjug:

http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...adventure-today.836894/page-931#post-34026896

The wires were placed in some 1/2" braided expandable sleeve, seen in the photo, and run along the top inside of the horizontal frame essentially out of sight and then just prior to the seat area were tucked on the inside of the frame then up into that plastic box area under the seat. I just have to make the connections to the hex leads now and program it.

The wire I put on top of the tank under the center panel was a single coax line for my Gerbing heated jacket and that lead can just be unplugged and removed in seconds if I need to take the tank off.

http://advrider.com/index.php?threa...adventure-today.836894/page-931#post-34026896

The wires were placed in some 1/2" braided expandable sleeve, seen in the photo, and run along the top inside of the horizontal frame essentially out of sight and then just prior to the seat area were tucked on the inside of the frame then up into that plastic box area under the seat. I just have to make the connections to the hex leads now and program it.

The wire I put on top of the tank under the center panel was a single coax line for my Gerbing heated jacket and that lead can just be unplugged and removed in seconds if I need to take the tank off.

:beerjug:

Make sure your wire sleeves can’t chafe paint or other wiring. IMO additional wires are best clipped along the existing loom.

Back
Top Bottom