Gearbox / final drive oil Stelvio

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Manual states SAE 80W90 for Final Drive and 85W90 for gear box 09 Stelvio.

Is there really any difference ??

In my Audace manual the 2 oils specified have different API ratings (GL4/5) so I believe you cannot use one in both.

Having said that the Audace only calls for a final drive oil change at 30,000 miles! I might well do it before that.

Mark

Spoke with a guzzi service guy today. They use GL5 75w90 in both ?

Got a bigger problem now. Came to fill up the engine oil and change the filter. Filter would not come loose (never had this before) Even resorted to sticking a screwdriver through it. Still wouldn't budge.
No option than to take the pan off. Will the pan come off, will it hell. Any ideas gratefully received.

got a filter tool ? drill 2 holes in it , smash 2 wood screws thro' holes into filter , remove filter .

there are 4? screws hidden around filter hole

whom did you talk to ? Bob @ Strada ?

I used synthetic 75w/90 in both holes on my Stelvios.
I also had a problem with removing the oil filter, I used the method as mentioned above. Never a problem afterwards just using the standard filter tool.

got a filter tool ? drill 2 holes in it , smash 2 wood screws thro' holes into filter , remove filter .

How bloody stupid of me !!! I'd forgotten about the screws round the filter. Must be old age, I only had the oil pan off the 1200 sport last winter. I'll give the woodscrews a go.

Cheers worked a treat...As the say...'Every days a school day'

What are these 4 screws I have yet to change the oil on my Stelvio, does the filter not just unscrew in the normal way

Don't panic Mike. I was trying to remove the belly pan and had forgotten that apart from the bolts around the perimeter of the oil pan there are 4 bolts that are up inside the oil filter recess. These do not need to be removed to swap the filter. The filter should just screw out the same as any other.

Back
Top Bottom