Coast to Coast

g00ner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've booked a few days off to ride the C2C this year - so..

1. Is it really worth doing (other than to say you've done it)
2. Any recommendations for where to stay half way?
3. Anyone have a GPX route...:D

Any other 'must do' routes in the UK as well? I've done the Taffy (with Giles on his 1190 :bow) but last year was loads of roadwork, plus my bike isn't allowed :rolleyes:. Also off to Thetford on Good Friday for a couple of days...suggestions welcome :thumb2

Can't help with questions but I'm thinking of walking C2C - much more fun :thumb

I've booked a few days off to ride the C2C this year - so..

1. Is it really worth doing (other than to say you've done it)
2. Any recommendations for where to stay half way?
3. Anyone have a GPX route...:D

Any other 'must do' routes in the UK as well? I've done the Taffy (with Giles on his 1190 :bow) but last year was loads of roadwork, plus my bike isn't allowed :rolleyes:. Also off to Thetford on Good Friday for a couple of days...suggestions welcome :thumb2

This could give you a starting point.

http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MTAxMjA=

I've not done much in the way of lanes recently but looking at the link I think most if not all were ok last time I went out though that was 18 months or so ago :blast

I've not done much in the way of lanes recently but looking at the link I think most if not all were ok last time I went out though that was 18 months or so ago :blast

Last time I was on the local lanes they were pretty well chewed up by the 4x4s and very difficult to ride the deep ruts. From the convoys that I have seen doing the same recently in the wet weather I dread to think what some of its like now.

Can't blame them, they have the right to use the lanes but in some places what was a narrow trail with sufficient room for a couple of bikes to pass in opposite directions are now three or more vehicles wide.

This could give you a starting point.

http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MTAxMjA=

:thumb2 That's a good stat

C2C - depends where you start from?

I was thinking around Morecombe towards Tynemouth

Last time I was on the local lanes they were pretty well chewed up by the 4x4s and very difficult to ride the deep ruts. From the convoys that I have seen doing the same recently in the wet weather I dread to think what some of its like now.

Can't blame them, they have the right to use the lanes but in some places what was a narrow trail with sufficient room for a couple of bikes to pass in opposite directions are now three or more vehicles wide.

I can see there's quite a few lanes around - hopefully I'll avoid the ruts cos I hate riding them

Can't help with questions but I'm thinking of walking C2C - much more fun :thumb

Healthy but more fun ??? :D

Try the Wikiloc website. That's where I get my biking, walking, ski-touring GPX routes from.

I found this one- need to check it

<iframe src="https://my.viewranger.com/route/widget/ODczMDc=?locale=en&m=miles&v=2" width="640" height="640" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Interested if this route is valid. We’re not heading to the Isle of Man this year and had planned to do some of the TET in the uk. This coast to coast route looks another good option if it’s a few days ride.

Back
Top Bottom