Service interval information.

Bmw Robert

Reaction score
Hello fellow GS owners. :beerjug:
Could some one point me in the right direction were I can find what needs doing at what mileage. :nenau
I.e. Plugs replacement rear diff oil change. Is the brake fluid a pain to change.
Thank you one and all . And have a good weekend.:beer:

Could some one point me in the right direction were I can find what needs doing a what mileage. :nenau
I.e. Plugs replacement rear diff oil change. Is the brake fluid a pain to change.

Have a bump I’m interested too—
I’ve just bought a r1200gs anniversary and I’m unsure whether I need to run out and buy a gs911 and any other tackle.

When I bought my r1150gs I downloaded the oil heads maintenance manual bought a Haynes manual and made a manometer for throttle body tuning - job done

Any simalar info on the twin cam would be useful .

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a coisidense if just bought my first GS and it's a 30TH anniversary.

Could some one point me in the right direction were I can find what needs doing at what mileage. :nenau

If I’d bought a bike and wasn’t sure of its service history, I’d be tempted to do it all. On a LC, the service manual states to change the final drive every 12k. I changed mine at 11k and it was so dirty and smelly I decided to do it every time I changed the engine oil ie every 6k

As i do all my own servicing and most repairs i have one of these and it's great. Gives me much of what i need (and what you ask for) to work on the bike. You see them going in the for sale section for a tenner or so posted now and then :thumb2 :beerjug:

Attachments

• bmw-r1200-dohc-2010-12-haynes-manual-4925-802-p.jpg
    bmw-r1200-dohc-2010-12-haynes-manual-4925-802-p.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 399
As i do all my own servicing and most repairs i have one of these and it's great. Gives me much of what i need (and what you ask for) to work on the bike. You see them going in the for sale section for a tenner or so posted now and then :thumb2 :beerjug:

Thank you kind sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change everything every two weeks just to be on the safe side.

It's a 2011. I have purchased a manual. I've done the pads all round. So far.

Rear diff oil should also include greasing the Paralever bearings and drive splines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom