Need 08 GSA front ESA Shock service - MCT or Tractive?

andeebee

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bike is in its natural state, in bits, relaxing over my garage floor and on extracting the front shock I decided it might need a service having bounced up and down for 40K miles. I get no discerable difference from playing with the ESA on the road (I can hear the ESA motor when stationary) but also have no problems with the front end.

Following a quick search found a few threads for firms who will service my shock. A good review of MCT Suspension is looking like a likely choice however Im intrigued by the Tractive Suspension service by Rally Raid Products who seem to replace stock shock components with uprated parts, whilst retaining the ESA functionality.

Always looking to improve the bike over stock performance - does anyone have any Tractive experience or opinions?

I used MCT for a leaking rear shock repair and got a good service from them for not a huge amount of money.

MCT will overhaul the shock. Costs £200 to £300 for a pair depends what’s needed.
Revs Racing of Halesowen sell Wilbers shocks and will fit the OEM ESA to brand new dampers. Ride in ride out will cost about £1300. I doubt Tractive will be any cheaper.
You can also buy the shocks direct from Wilbers and fit yourself.
Set the old shock to minimum preload and soft damping.
Wilbers also sell a version of ESA they call WESA-X for about £900 each end using Tractive components for the ESA gubbins. It can be fitted to non ESA bikes or those with it built in.

Thanks. Another alternative was to get a Maxton for the front to match the one on the rear as the shock is well made and serviceable from a reputable UK company. They retail at £520 ish but wont be ESA.
Cant justify spending too much on the shock so just a service looks likely.

Back
Top Bottom