Where can I go for a long weekend? Simple ideas from RiDE magazine

Wapping

Reaction score
Here’s some ideas, courtesy of RiDE magazine.

Yes, you’ll to have to plot your own routes there, back and whilst you are there (and find your own biker friendly hotels) but it should be enough to give you some inspiration, not least as they’ve given you some suggested roads.

A bit stuck for time? Easy, jump on the motorway or onto the most direct main roads you can find, in order to maximise your time at the places suggested.

All you need now is a decent map, a bit of time in Google / TripAdvisor / Booking.com and you’ve got yourself a mini-holiday. Go on, give it a go; it’s easy once you try.

d4483392a5cba1d3ae44fc36dd1c3c88.jpg

cf5fe29c204b7984cf57413cd229658a.jpg

....and don't forget Nutty's law to serve as a reminder if one is relying solely on a sat nav ;)

Yes, you’ll to have to plot your own routes there, back and whilst you are there (and find your own biker friendly hotels)

Ah fer cryin out loud ! Them Ride fellas are gettin' awful lazy
What's gonna happen to the "plan my holiday for me" brigade on here now ??
I blame Brexit :aidan

Yes, you’ll to have to plot your own routes there, back and whilst you are there (and find your own biker friendly hotels)

You're having a laff ain'tcha ??

Plot their own routes ?

Not just there and back but also whilst there ??

Find their own accommodation ???

That'll be the day, old chum...... that'll be the day. :D

I avoid cities when riding motorcycles

I think the word ‘cities’ in the short article was, shall we say, used with a considerable dollop of poetic licence. Amsterdam and Luxembourg would though qualify; both are popular destinations for patrons of this site, as are obscure villages where bods urgently seek bikermate friendly - and safe- accommodation for them and their 16 mates.

Another little benefit I recently found out, is that if you use tesco for anything (shopping, fuel, insurance, CC etc), then you can use your points to pay for/towards Chunnel tickets :D should you wish to use this super quick crossing facility :D

I avoid cities when riding motorcycles

It depends on the city. I love to explore castles, cathedrals and old towns, so places like Salamanca, Strasbourg, Heidelberg etc. can be very nice places to spend an evening wandering around taking in the sights :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom