clutch bleeding

Benhur Malta

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi All,

trying to bleed my clutch...I ordered the bleed nipple screw....I removed the grubscrew from the bleed hose attachment. My problem is that I cannot attach the bleed nipple screw because the ball bearing sealing the hydraulic in will not give way easily and I am scared of cross threading the bleed nipple screw....is there anything simple and stupid (typical) which I am overlooking here?

I tried to push the ball bearing inwards with a small allen key but it seems to be stuck solid....is that the issue? the rest of the system is still closed and sealed since I was worried I would find everything seized up at the bleed hose, so I tackled that first

R.

just remove the hole unit and buy a normal 10mm bleed nipple i think it is

i think I made a mistake - what I have ordered and am trying to introduce instead of the grub screw is part number 34212330310....does this make sense to anyone?

If you are using an ordinary bleed nipple the pointy end may be too long and touching the ball before the threads take hold. Have look at these pics to see what I mean.
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/pictorial-04-r1150gs-hydraulic-clutch-flush.491635/

You have correct part then.
The ball doesn't move very much and there should be no pressure in there until you pull the clutch lever.

what you describe is exactly my situation which is why I am suspecting. Now I have noticed that the part numbers on the part supplied are different and are definitely not 34212330310....has there been a part number change from BMW or have I been supplied with the wrong part? will be going to garage later to check up on the part number supplied....

R.

the part i have received guys is 34211236793....Anyone in the know able to shed light on the differences between it and 34212330310. Anyway I should have a clutch bleed nipple on order from James sherlock....lets hope that is the right part :)

That superseded BMW part with the grub screw is loctited in the end of that bleed hose, apply a bit of heat :thumb

the part i have received guys is 34211236793....Anyone in the know able to shed light on the differences between it and 34212330310. Anyway I should have a clutch bleed nipple on order from James sherlock....lets hope that is the right part :)

ill talk to me self then and let you over pay for unnecessary parts

I don’t like paying extra but I’m confused now...you saying that I can use just a bleed nipple and do away with the bit which has a metal ball?

Can someone explain please....slowly with lots of pictures. I have only had honest Japanese Bikes til now and never had such complications ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t like paying extra but I’m confused now...you saying that I can use just a bleed nipple and do away with the bit which has a metal ball?

Can someone explain please....slowly with lots of pictures. I have only had honest Japanese Bikes til now and never had such complications ;)

yes just unbolt the stupid bmw adaptor and fit a normal nipple iv not no photos at this time

LqdW3Ka.jpg
J2qMIbe.jpg

magic happy to help

Now I understand!

Wow thanks....that sure is easier and the reference to the thread locker makes sense now ;)

Back
Top Bottom