And I have bought another MZ....

fatnfast

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I just couldn't resist this stunning MZ ES150/1. Totally original and still sporting it's original? Pnumat front tyre, bicycle pump, tool kit and dealers sticker with a whopping 11k miles from new.
Free tax and no MOTs from March :)
It runs well so will be just a proper recommissioning, oils, tubes tyres etc.
And its just so good looking.....

I just couldn't resist this stunning MZ ES150/1. Totally original and still sporting it's original? Pnumat front tyre, bicycle pump, tool kit and dealers sticker with a whopping 11k miles from new.
Free tax and no MOTs from March :)
It runs well so will be just a proper recommissioning, oils, tubes tyres etc.
And its just so good looking.....

They have a charm don’t they. My first bike after my Mobylette was a voskhod 175, used to dream of an MZ 250

Great looking bike.

Although, that headlight looks like it should double up as a slide projector!

Thanks all, just ordered tyres, tubes, oils, points plug etc. Still had change from £100 :D
I was inspired to find one by a pals 150, although I'll keep this one in stock trim. Strangely enough our engine numbers differ by just 20, so it was very likely they were both made on the same day in the old DDR.
Buy one soonest Tunners, the prices are starting to rise :thumb

My very first bike was an MZ250 Trophy - cost me around £250 brand new from Coburn and Hughes near Finsbury Park, North London. Was a good bike, but always seemed to have a problem with a misfire around 65 mph , and the metal castings were pretty crap- kick start lever snapped clean pff!Anyhow, it managed to get me and my then Swedish girlfriend to Malmo and back.I wouldn't go so far as to say they were ever a great bike, but it was certainly better than travelling on the tube from Ealing Broadway to Mayfair each day; that's what got me started on motorbikes really, as a better way to travel to work each day! Anyhow Tufty - have fun on the MZ....I must admit that I have a very soft spot for them.

Lovely creme and blue colour scheme. I like the bar end indicators and the cheeky overhang of the exhaust.

Always nice to see a nice condition original bike and not a refurbished queen.

Steve

OMG….beauty is definately in the beholders eye.:eek:

:barf:barf:barf:barf:barf

Saw a couple last weekend at Newark show grounds. nope, i prefer the vespa's.

Can you take a picture of the dealers sticker please.

Is that it in the centre of the cream handlebar cover?

Can you take a picture of the dealers sticker please.

Is that it in the centre of the cream handlebar cover?

No, that's just an MZ fitted badge.
The side panel have " ?.E.Milnes & Son Leceister "

Originally I drew a blank on Google, but you inspired me to go through the alphabet to identify the first missing initial.

It looks like it is A.E.Milnes :)

http://www.lpmcc.net/activity/event_dealers.htm

" Other dealers in the area.....were AE Milnes at the top of Belgrave Gate, (Leceister), who had some very clever people working there, Stewart Howe, who raced a Norton framed Vincent.....and Rex Caunt, who understood 2 stroke engines like no other. "

So that explains why my MZ sounds crisper than my pals :thumb, :augie

Nice saw that , was in my neck of the woods , very nearly tempted
Free MOT is pre 1960 , but free Tax.

Rex Caunt used to have a unit at Mallory.
I was talking to my mate the other week, having seen a MZ (in road trim) leading a Laverda Montjuic in the classic racing at Cadwell.
He asked me if it was a beam tester, I looked at him gone out, so he explained that the model you have reminded them of the MOT headlight beam test machine so became known to them as a Beam tester.

Rex is a lovely guy and will help anybody

No, that's just an MZ fitted badge.
The side panel have " ?.E.Milnes & Son Leceister "

Originally I drew a blank on Google, but you inspired me to go through the alphabet to identify the first missing initial.

It looks like it is A.E.Milnes :)

http://www.lpmcc.net/activity/event_dealers.htm

" Other dealers in the area.....were AE Milnes at the top of Belgrave Gate, (Leceister), who had some very clever people working there, Stewart Howe, who raced a Norton framed Vincent.....and Rex Caunt, who understood 2 stroke engines like no other. "

So that explains why my MZ sounds crisper than my pals :thumb, :augie

Thanks for digging out that bit of history and the lpmcc link.

Always nice to see a nice condition original bike and not a refurbished queen.

I agree...:)

Totally restored bikes are lovely, and if a bike needs totally restoring because basically it is fked, then so be it. But it's always nice to see something that has just been ridden and left alone....wearing it's years with pride.

I love it......:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom