What do you think of this GS......

Two choices...

Good project... Piece it together using the route you outline and keep it for the foreseeable... It will be satisfiying, potentially annoying and usually about break even territory overall...

Fix it up as you outline and sell it on... possibly... and I mean possibly for a bit of a profit... Imagine trying to sell it on here with the UKGSer interrogation team at the ready... Or eBlag it with the usual crowd of chancers with the few potential buyers for a cheap Adventure... You would have to duck a few questions and if the buyer found out down the line, possibly a few more...

I and everyone else can readily check the MOT history of the donor bike before purchase of your completed project and see what doesn't fit the story...

Your choice... I have bought a Cat C...(old style)... It had obviously had a heavy frontal in a previous life and had 20k in its repaired state... There were a few niggles to sort out and it never felt totally right...

I have worked at a dealer where a demo bike was significantly written off in a rear end shunt... Sold off to a breaker who then lashed it up and sold it on... Irate buyer turns up at our door and starts wading into us until directly educated into the fact the bike left the dealership in two bits on a forklift... It was a lash of mismatched bits, cracked gearbox mounts etc etc...

If you buy inspect carefully if you want a full bike in the future... The bits are worth the asking price though if you potentially wanted to be a DIY breaker...

Eyes wide open etc...;)

Well, thanks for the reply's guys, rung up this morning.......

.....and its sold :blast

Really?
It was worth the sum of its parts
With bikes like that you have to bite the bullet.
I’ve sold a dozen bikes like that on this forum,not cheap,not dear,,,,the sum of its parts.
All have sold within 12 hours

Really?
It was worth the sum of its parts
With bikes like that you have to bite the bullet.
I’ve sold a dozen bikes like that on this forum,not cheap,not dear,,,,the sum of its parts.
All have sold within 12 hours

Yep, but you are a business who has a customer base, premises etc and can and will break for parts... This guy is probably a private punter lookin for a do up or sell on with a frame change necessary to get even a roadworthy bike... After seeing a knowing the usual routine for selling, especially on here, that's plenty of ifs buts and maybes to cover to return cash or slight profit on a whole bike for riding...

Yep, but you are a business who has a customer base, premises etc and can and will break for parts... This guy is probably a private punter lookin for a do up or sell on with a frame change necessary to get even a roadworthy bike... After seeing a knowing the usual routine for selling, especially on here, that's plenty of ifs buts and maybes to cover to return cash or slight profit on a whole bike for riding...

That's my thoughts as well..
Coul of gone tits up & a rather costly enterprise...
Far to many if & butt's, especially if you spent £1500 to start with, had it been a Cat N maybe.

New insurance categories -
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mS...-october/RK=2/RS=viRHpffAD93bX7CeM0_tVzNBIz0-

Back
Top Bottom