Throttle balancing

Cyclistbruce

Reaction score
Am going to attempt to balance my throttle bodies tomorrow with a self made kit...

If anyone has done this, what is the best fluid to use?

Also, do you start with sync under load and then throttle idle afterwards?

Am going to attempt to balance my throttle bodies tomorrow with a self made kit...

Haven't tried it but apparently 2-stroke oil works well.
Using a Harmoniser I always start with idle first

Ensure you have a cooling fan directed at both the cylinder heads, that way you can take your time.

Before syncing are you also setting tappets and end float?

Certainly thats the best way to ensure smooth running.

Ensure you have a cooling fan directed at both the cylinder heads, that way you can take your time.

Before syncing are you also setting tappets and end float?

Certainly thats the best way to ensure smooth running.

I have one pointing at the cylinders and the other at the oil cooler (1150) - did this last week and it stayed at 50% temp for the whole procedure...

I have one pointing at the cylinders and the other at the oil cooler (1150) - did this last week and it stayed at 50% temp for the whole procedure...

I have a home made one and have used Automatic transmission fluid- seems to work ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did mine by ear this morning and will check how accurate that was with my vacuum gauges.

Learn to do it quickly and you don't need to worry about the engine getting too hot ie. The same temp as when your sat in traffic...

Did mine by ear this morning and will check how accurate that was with my vacuum gauges.

Learn to do it quickly and you don't need to worry about the engine getting too hot ie. The same temp as when your sat in traffic...

I sometimes use the "by ear" method... Certainly you can hear if they are out so likewise to dial them in... On the oilhead I 50:50 use gauges but always end up buggeing about more with gauges ... The airhead is all by ear... My present 11GS was set up by ear for the 1st 18 months of owning as it was all over the place when I bought it... Driveway job while I was mid trip and also the v impotrant TPS voltage with a borrowed multimeter... 15 mins in total...

i used 2 stroke oil the type used for small engines chainsaws etc thinner i think than normal 2 cycle bike oil, worked well for me

Back
Top Bottom