Mudsling?

Loftylad

Reaction score
Apparently they do not do a mudsling
for the Bmw f800 GSA.
Please correct me if I’m wrong.

If not does anyone know of a alternative.
I’ll be off roading so think it may be a
good idea to keep the muck off the
rear shock etc.

Thanks Tony.

www.machineartmoto.com

Is there website & it doesn't list the F800GSA.

Might be worth Contacting them just incase they know different or all develping one.

www.machineartmoto.com

Is there website & it doesn't list the F800GSA.

Might be worth Contacting them just incase they know different or all develping one.

EDIT

See below...

MachineartMoto is at the mercy of manufacturers’ mid-product cycle updates, as are all motorcycle aftermarket product manufacturers. We know they are inevitable but can’t plan for them in advance of a sudden new model change announcement. A friend and frequent customer, Bruce Cole from Canada, told me that he had just acquired a 2014 F800GS/Adventure even before I had known about its addition to the F800 line. Bruce has been kind enough to test fit products that were available in Canada prior to the States in the past so was eager to see if the MudSling and Avant front fender extension from his F800GS would fit his new Adventure. Even before I had seen the bike he reported that the Avant does fit properly, since BMW retained the same front fender as before. The MudSling rear suspension guard was not as easy. BMW, in the process of adding extra capacity to its side mounted fuel tank, enlarged the rear sub-frame and changed the fender liner enough to preclude the usual hand-in-a-glove fit of MaMo products.

Bruce, on his F800GS/ADV, and I met at he BMW RA rally in Asheville North Carolina a few weeks ago where I could personally inspect the bike and understand the problems with the MudSling fit. I’m tenacious in my attempts to make something work, but had to soon conclude that enough physical relationships had changed underneath the bike to require re-tooling and new MudSling production.

I know what has to be done. However, it will be a while before we’ll be able to address it because of other projects in progress. I would just counsel 2014 BMW F800GS Adventure owners to bear with the grime until I can announce some relief.

Machineart Man

Probably due to the increased fuel tank & pannier mounts, at a quess..... :(

A Machineart MudSling for a standard F800GS will fit a F800GS Adventure. I fitted one to a 2014 Adventure and then transferred it to a new 2017 F800GS Adventure. They a are a bit fiddly to fit but they do fit ok.
:thumby:

Care to share? I haven’t had a good look, assuming it doesn’t fit as MachineArt says so, but would prefer it to the Puig hugger I currently have fitted. I don’t recall seeing the two torx T25 screw on the underside?

Back
Top Bottom