Is £475 a reasonable price for a Nav 5?

Rick B

Reaction score
Just curious as I pick my RT up on Tuesday and I need a nav,,currently on a 340lm and this didn't seem a bad price considering its from a dealer.
Rick

Just curious as I pick my RT up on Tuesday and I need a nav,,currently on a 340lm and this didn't seem a bad price considering its from a dealer.
Rick
Check with garmin as software update for satnav v is coming to a end.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Sold a nav 5 last summer for much less than that.

id agree its too high a price for the V ,are you buying the bike at the dealers ? they should be doing better than that now your a customer ask them for a nav 6 for about £400 as part of a deal.

If not buy a good secondhand V for £300/ £350 for mint cont boxed up etc

I'm getting the bike from a Triumph dealer the nav was from a BMW outlet, I was a bit dubious at getting a 2nd hand one due to warranty and the like,+ I will need one for Tues/Weds

There's one on sale here for £340 delivered.....

You need to subscribe to access it, though

Rick
They are old hat now and can be picked up adound 325 ish, software updatdes for v will be finishing soon ,blame gramin. As stated buy v1 if you can afford it.

Really? Given how long they've supported other units and the fact that dealers are still selling Nav5s, I find that hard to believe...
Then check with Garmin as they have terminated support for Zumo 550 2 yrs back. Life time updates only relate to the model .

Then check with Garmin as they have terminated support for Zumo 550 2 yrs back. Life time updates only relate to the model .

I know they stopped supporting the 550 but by then they'd been selling them for donkey's years and you couldn't buy a new one for love nor money - hence why they're still valuable now (unusually for a Garmin unit, they actually work faultlessly).

My point is that, as you can still buy Nav5s brand new from dealers, the chances of Garmin being about to stop supporting them seem pretty remote to me. I'd give it a couple of years yet before I panicked...

Sat nav v has been out for 4 yrs. That guy was offered sat nav v1 for 100 quid more which is not a yr old and will have a longer life. Makes sense. I still use my 550 on RT 1150 but its value is much less with two upgrades. Just look at GS depreication over last four yrs.

Thanks for all the advice folks,,Just as an update i went for the Nav 6,picked it up for £550,slightly over some prices but i needed one swiftly
Cheers
Rick

Back
Top Bottom