2018 BMW S1000XR Review | Drift Ghost 4K MotoVlogging

TeapotOne

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After a smash last year where my Gs was written off, I’m back testing for a potential replacement. Here’s my review of the 2018 S1000XR Sport SE

https://youtu.be/pzeDHAsYbRw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a smash last year where my Gs was written off, I’m back testing for a potential replacement. Here’s my review of the 2018 S1000XR Sport SE

https://youtu.be/pzeDHAsYbRw

Hi Bruce if you like the power but not sure about the Bike try a KTM 1290 much more comfortable just as fast and definitely has character

Hi Bruce if you like the power but not sure about the Bike try a KTM 1290 much more comfortable just as fast and definitely has character

Hi Byron, yep I’ll be testing a Superduke GT and the 1290 Super Adventure, plus I’ll also be getting the new 2018 models for a test once KTM have their 2018 press fleet in.

I’m going to give the new 1260 Multistrada and new Triumph Tiger 1200 a go too.

I've been riding my GS all winter whilst the S1000XR was being repaired after a little knock off and I got the XR back a few days ago .... on the way home I thought I would sell it because the GS is just that much better, but I've been out on the XR again today and it's definitely a keeper for now. It just needed a little more time I reckon and the grins are back. Perhaps it was memories of being knocked off. It's a dirty bitch tho' with that chain flicking road crap all over the back end. You can't deny that it's a really good bike and it gave me a couple of good tours last year down onto the Mosel River, and on the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland. Probably better suited to the longer days out where you can let that big engine work.

I've been riding my GS all winter whilst the S1000XR was being repaired after a little knock off and I got the XR back a few days ago .... on the way home I thought I would sell it because the GS is just that much better, but I've been out on the XR again today and it's definitely a keeper for now. It just needed a little more time I reckon and the grins are back. Perhaps it was memories of being knocked off. It's a dirty bitch tho' with that chain flicking road crap all over the back end. You can't deny that it's a really good bike and it gave me a couple of good tours last year down onto the Mosel River, and on the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland. Probably better suited to the longer days out where you can let that big engine work.

The S1000XR is definitely the most fun street bike you can buy today.The only superbike you can ride every day and useable for the street...:thumb2
All the other stuff belongs on the track for a few short 20 minute sessions.The 1290 Superduke GT feels tame compared to the XR...
I would sell my GS if it wasn't for the chain !
My question as I have not tried a Euro-4 yet.Are they a fast as the older ones as the E-4 S1000RR's lost some steam in the mid-range compared to the 2015/2016 E-3 models ?

I have a 2018 bike and it’s been a long time since having ago on a earlier year so I can’t compare the two bikes although it definitely doesn’t feel strangled with the latest EU update and I believe bmw gave it 5 more BHP to compensate for the new EU restriction.

Back
Top Bottom