2018 TRIP PLAN SLOVENIA

Pablo1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just planning a 10 day Jaunt starting and finishing at Ijmuiden DFDS ferry terminal, we are taking 3 days to drive to Spittal an der drau in Austria which is not far from the Slovenia border.

I reckon we have 3 days to spend in and around Slovenia before we have to set off back towards Ijmuiden direction to catch our ferry on day 10, its these 3 days I'm looking for suggestions for, ideally we want to set off from Spittal on day 4 and arrive back at Spittal end of Day 6 to give us 4 days liesurely ride back to the ferry, usually leave ourselves a short last day going for the ferry.

So any help with routes, places to see and visit along with accomodation recommendations would be good.

Normally like to ride 200 to 240ish miles daily depending on roads.

Thanks

Vrsic pass is a must

fb6a334b01c867a4c687c7bd8a41f70e.jpg

Heres what ive planned so far, day 4 175 miles, day 5 150miles and day 6 150miles, ideally 200 mile days would be better was planning to use Lubliana for base but open to suggestions prefer smaller towns if possible

DAY 4.JPG

DAY 5.JPG

DAY 6.JPG

Spittal, seems to be a town in Northumberland. Do you mean, Spittal an der Drau?

The popular destination of Bled is just 80 kms / 50 miles from Spittal an der Drau, so it would suit you well as it would be easy to get to / from. Not least Bled is a great hub, as you’ll see from these suggestions.

ADAC do a nice free map that embraces Slovenia, see the sticky.

https://www.adac.de/_mmm/pdf/TK_04_Steiermark_Kärnten_Slowenien_210815.pdf

Here’s a screen shot, with Spittal an der Drau towards the top left corner, with Bled near enough in the middle:

6e518e7e12dbf9db33d02f80c97dae9f.jpg

A branch of the Slovenian tourist office produces a very nice free guide:

http://www.slovenian-alps.com/en/what-to-do/activities/summer/motorcycling

This site may have some ideas:

http://finestayslovenia.com/whattodo/motorcycling/

Here’s a screenshot, which shows that Bled can definitely work:

c94352456ae891b53e653c806607204d.jpg

Alpentourer magazine has a nice circular route, that can be centered on Bled, that might do you. It’s 270 km / 170 miles around. Here’s a screenshot:

8ba52307e23a18a375167bfd1b0c4c4f.jpg

Thanks Wappers top bloke, even if you did not read my first post where I correctly gave the town of Spittal its full title :aidan:thumb:thumb

Thanks Wappers top bloke, even if you did not read my first post where I correctly gave the town of Spittal its full title :aidan:thumb:thumb

I can tell you that nobody in the area uses the full title, its always just Spittal The full title only appears on official documents.

John

No problem.

Given your three days to kill, I think I'd go for Bled and use this map of routes to hack out rides of different lengths to suit your mood (and weather) on the day.

c94352456ae891b53e653c806607204d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom