Can the throttle angle be adjusted?

Jallani

Reaction score
Fitted some bar risers (up and back). I’ve rotated bars round to make the reach easier for my little arms but now notice that the angle of the throttle needs adjusting up to avoiding over turning my wrists.

Anyone ever rotated the throttle grip? It looks like the throttle is connected to the start button switchgear so nervous about opening up everything incase it doesnt go back neatly.

Any advice appreciated. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The left grip and switch gear are held by a bolt that passes through the bars, i could be re drilled in a different position as its not threaded, not tried the throttle side,

I'm not sure I understand the question? :duno

Why cant you just rotate the handlebars to the position you desire? :nenau

The handlebar isnt perfectly straight so if you loosen the centre clamp you can rotate bringing the grips marginally closer to you. But this turns the angle of the controls, mirrors and throttle downwards too. Doesnt make a difference riding to the shops but helps with comfort for longer journeys.

The left grip and switch gear are held by a bolt that passes through the bars, i could be re drilled in a different position as its not threaded, not tried the throttle side,

Thanks roamer. Just found extract from a haynes manual and looks like a bolt through bar on throttle side too. Not sure it bothers me that much!

Use the cruise control if fitted

Yes - appreciate the option and do use but not helpful in traffic as constantly turning it off/on. Just thought might be a simple undo, rotate and rescrew job as minor comfort adjustment.

On my 2 x GSA LC bikes i moved the grips and switchgear in 25mm more comfortable for me.
If you know what you are about you can also bend the bars in a bit. They are a bit straight.

The Hexheads have a clamp inside the RH switchgear that allows the switches to be rotated. LH is screwed to the handlebar.

Back
Top Bottom