Seat height

gspod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Is it possible to make the seat height of a standard GS LC the same as the highest setting of a GSA LC?

Thanks

Being new to the GSA owning world, from the posts above, would my thinking be correct that my low frame GSA, being 20mm on the suspension, is the same as the standard GS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Shamone,
From where did you get that info ?
I thought that the lowest possible seat height on the new gsa was 820, the reason for asking is that I have ordered a low suspension gsa with the black seat option, BMW advised me that 820 is the lowest it will go.

Being new to the GSA owning world, from the posts above, would my thinking be correct that my low frame GSA, being 20mm on the suspension, is the same as the standard GS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karlos,
I have owned the factory low chassis GSA-LC and currently own the standard GS and they feel/felt the same height to ride.

gspod,
You can buy a lovely GS/GSA Exclusive seat in three heights, low, standard and high.

This is the part number for the Exclusive High seat...77 34 8 553 995

To quote what it says in the BMW mag in front of me, the high seat gives seat heights of 870 and 890.
I think that should sort you out but they are expensive, however I seem to think that you can also purchase the latest ‘comfort’ seat in a high seat version, but check with your dealer to be sure.

Karlos,
I have owned the factory low chassis GSA-LC and currently own the standard GS and they feel/felt the same height to ride.

gspod,
You can buy a lovely GS/GSA Exclusive seat in three heights, low, standard and high.

This is the part number for the Exclusive High seat...77 34 8 553 995

To quote what it says in the BMW mag in front of me, the high seat gives seat heights of 870 and 890.
I think that should sort you out but they are expensive, however I seem to think that you can also purchase the latest ‘comfort’ seat in a high seat version, but check with your dealer to be sure.

Thanks Batman

This appears to show the GSA can be lower than the GS...seems odd?

Not exactly. It shows that a lowered GSA is the same height as a standard GS.

If you take a lowered GSA and a standard GS, by playing with different seat options it is possible to obtain different seat heights on bikes which are the same height.

This appears to show the GSA can be lower than the GS...seems odd?

Not exactly. It shows that a lowered GSA is the same height as a standard GS.

If you take a lowered GSA and a standard GS, by playing with different seat options it is possible to obtain different seat heights on bikes which are the same height.

I'm still none the wiser haha - Under the Adventure it shows 'low suspension kit 790/810', while under R1200GS it shows 'low suspension kit 800/810'.

This seems the wrong way round to me.

Back
Top Bottom