24 hours around Ireland

It looks enjoyable to me.
Maybe a rest day in between.
What you got against Dublin & Youghal

Nowt. Just fancy good roads, not towns & cities.

Before going to Spain & Portugal, I thought I'd fancy a mix of riding and taking in views. That quickly faded once I saw the roads there - I didn't want to stop riding. Long hours in the saddle did get uncomfy, but the roads are just so good... One day we rode for 11 hours.

But for max overall enjoyment and to compromise with a riding buddy who favours a mIx, I may need to curtail my masochism...

I did tweak the route last night to include Dunloe etc, and bypass Dingle. Slightly lower mileage, but more fun riding. I was proper blown away by Jockser's route at the Skib event.

I might chop off the south east bit and do a more direct route from The Vee to the Wicklow mountains - lower miles, so more likely doable in one week (which is what I was aiming for).

Nowt. Just fancy good roads, not towns & cities.

I didn't want to stop riding.

Road blindness. I've been taken in by it a good few times. There comes a point where personal safety comes into play. 1400 km in the car and 840 km on the bike is my 'record'. I put that in commas because it was stupid. But I get where you are coming from.

Road blindness. I've been taken in by it a good few times. There comes a point where personal safety comes into play. 1400 km in the car and 840 km on the bike is my 'record'. I put that in commas because it was stupid. But I get where you are coming from.

Of course safety first, if it does not feel right stop and rest.
My idea is not to dog it but take the time to enjoy.
I would not be into all that iron butt stuff but i do like long days in the saddle.
If we get a good summer again, fec the jobs.
We will get out on the road.
I would also love to cycle the Greenways.

Back
Top Bottom