Avon Spirit ST tyres....any good?

team duvet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Time to change soon...Avon Spirit ST any good? life and road noise etc

TD
:thumb2

Fairly quiet; grip in wet/cold on par with PR4 so very good, light steering on a 675 (slightly too much in my opinion) and reasonable life around 7K.

Although each bike/person has different noise levels, should be ok on a GS.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I am a big fan of the Storm 2 Ultra used on my MT09 Tracer and the Storm 3D XM currently on my BMW R1200RS. I rode the latter yesterday in the Cotswolds on cold, damp, slimey roads and they were excellent. The Tracer was transformed compared to riding with the OE Dunlops.
If the ST are better than the predecessors then they will be superb. The Tracer has gone, replaced by a Triumph Explorer and this will be fitted with the Storm 3 or ST Spirit, depending on what is available when the OE Metzelers need changing.
As a bonus, the Avons always seem to be cheaper at Chris Mullins in Gloucester compared to PR4 or Metzeler 01.

A mate has them on his Tiger 1050 sport, loves them to bits

I had these on my Super Tenere. I liked them a lot. I now have a GS-A with anakees on it. I don't like those though!

I have had the spirit st on the front of my crosstourer now for some 3000miles. I've ridden it in some atrocious conditions- tractor clart, fallen larch needles (Scottish autumn tour) and torrential rain. To date the tyre has not given me a single moment. The feedback from it is about the same as the pr4 I had on my previous bike and the wear profile has been fairly even across the breadth of the tread. I have a rear to match that I[ll fit when I finish the Pirelli scorpion trail 2 which although a bit squared off has a few miles left in it.

Back
Top Bottom