LDT bike anyone?

Very nice design and workmanship, any comment on seat height now she's sprung and wheels in? :augie

Pardon my ignorance but is there some reason that the gear linkages (generally) are made so complex? My last airhead was an 80/7 but I put a short gear lever from a /6 direct on to the gearbox shaft and it worked well. Not meaning to detract from the quality of this build, just curious.

Pardon my ignorance but is there some reason that the gear linkages (generally) are made so complex? My last airhead was an 80/7 but I put a short gear lever from a /6 direct on to the gearbox shaft and it worked well. Not meaning to detract from the quality of this build, just curious.
No prob,the angle and and height of the new footrests have changed,they are further back,and up
Unless size 12 are the order of the day, it wouldn’t work here.
I tried the standard fixed shifter,with no adjustments available it wasn’t happening..
This set up will work with mx boots or road boots

Very nice design and workmanship, any comment on seat height now she's sprung and wheels in? :augie

I’ll wait until seat is upholstered.
The springing is another matter entirely,as a road bike it might be harsh,as an off road bike things seem good.
I’ve only run the motor for 30 seconds so not on my hit list yet

I swapped the direct pedal on my R75/7 to the linkage type and the gear change improved out of sight.
With the G/S , aftermarket pegs and size 12s it is just a matter of getting something that works, it is a easy to find a position where you are actually pushing along the length of the lever rather than lifting the end.
What fits one doesnt necessarily fit anyone else - the pedal on my G/S is shorter and a good bit lower than that one , which fits me and also gives the pedal a better push at the lever on the box.
My carbs sit almost horizontal too , which I found was necessary to stop them flooding. but with flat tops it probably wont matter much anyway.

When I first got my Airhead special it was not uncommon for me to hear ting ting ting followed by a drop to one cylinder....‘‘twas a sign that I’d kicked the float bowl off

The ting ting ting was the sound it made as it bounced down the road :D

I then fitted cables that would mean they’d stay with the bike, that was after I kicked one of during the dawn to dusk, in the mud, on a bend leading to a steep hill climb - I just managed to glimps it before seeing it trampled my the next wave of enduro bikes - still managed to dig it out and carry on though.

But the moral of the tale is that since fitting them, I’ve never kicked them off

LDT question

Long Distance Trial - good old school event where you do a decent sized loop (30-100 miles) regularly interrupted by observed Trials sections to make it fun and to ensure that you have winners and losers.

Some LDT's are a bit longer. For example, the Land's End trial which is about 300 miles.

Details here :thumby:

The trials observed sections on the MCC trials aren't as technical as the Dougie Lampkin stuff, but more like really difficult green lanes.

I’ve not forgotten about this bike,
A fair bit has been going on behind the scenes so to speak.
The seat is now upholstered with Alicante leather on the top,and plain leather sides.
I have also added a small alloy rack,
The main loop is thick walled ,so it’s plenty strong enough to heave the bike around.
A nice finishing touch I think:clap

Attachments

• 4B2FF0CD-827F-4B2F-A980-B6CEFD4755E6.jpg
    4B2FF0CD-827F-4B2F-A980-B6CEFD4755E6.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 435
  • 64C96014-9E01-41B6-BDB3-101133F8E526.jpg
    64C96014-9E01-41B6-BDB3-101133F8E526.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 420

Back
Top Bottom