Scotland in mid may

me and my mates are doing a week in early june 2018, stopping nr skye and doing a few loops.....day on skye, applecross, ullapool etc. if you go on Ride Motorcycle site they have a few good loops to ride by way of recommendations

Myrtle Bank Guest House is great in Fort William with stunning views over the water, bike parking and lovely rooms.

Friendly too.

01397 702034

When we were there, we rode out to Mallaig but couldn't all get on the ferry, so we headed back and took a right on the A861.

Amazing roads around there- you probably won;t find a bad one.

Watch out for suicidal deer....

Myrtle Bank Guest House is great in Fort William with stunning views over the water, bike parking and lovely rooms.

Friendly too.

01397 702034

When we were there, we rode out to Mallaig but couldn't all get on the ferry, so we headed back and took a right on the A861.

Amazing roads around there- you probably won;t find a bad one.

Watch out for suicidal deer....

Thanks davel I’ll try them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on the waterfront (well across the road) and a two minute walk into town. Concrete slab for bikes and ask for a room overlooking the water.

Nice write up Mr Hatcho ... like the routes. Take a look at those next year .. especially the good looking accommodation. :)

Mid May?? You might be lucky and not see one.

I'll second that.
I did a week up there following on from the Dent weekend (22nd May onwards) two years ago and didn't see any midges.
A good time of the year to go for a good weather/no midge balance.
I was very lucky and had a totally dry and sometimes sunny week, bliss.

I can second the recommendation for Myrtle Bank. After riding 4 hours through torrential rain from Cairnryan, all my gear went into the drying room and was bone dry the next day. Very bike friendly, and just plain friendly.

The hostel in Applecross is also good, rooms available on your booking engine of choice. Short walk to the restaurant in the Applecross walled garden which did great food last year anyway.

Agreed - if you're stopping for a bite to eat in Tyndrum, head for the Real Food Café which is across, and just down the road from the Green Welly.

One of my favourite bits of road up that way is the A85 going west from Tyndrum to Connel. Amazing surface, relatively little traffic and twisties galore. :thumb2

Here's a wee clip of the road (taken from a mates bike) from FW to Mallaig ridden a few years back...watching it I want to go back over again!! :)

My daily commute. Not as much fun in a Foot of snow tho.

Back
Top Bottom