I hate these bloody wheels...

and that's the time SAVING wheeze??
:blast

Spray the snow foam on and have a cup of tea while it does it’s work. Shampoo the bike as you normally would, and watch all the crap disappear. How easy do you want it to be?

Spray the snow foam on and have a cup of tea while it does it’s work. Shampoo the bike as you normally would, and watch all the crap disappear. How easy do you want it to be?

If I left the bike in the driveway - and you did it for free? :thumb2

When washed GT85? On clean cloth and wipe them , come up as good as new every time.

I think what most people do is tell themselves it's to difficult right from the start - it's really simple - sdoc 100 spray leave for 15 mins power wash off from a distance only quick sloosh around with a bucket of warm water with a good car shampoo in it - get the garden vac out and blow water away from a distance again - get on your hands n knees micro fibre cloth on your finger spray wd40 on it spin the wheel 2 - 3 mins sorted - Jack the sump pan up using a bit of wood - then do the same on the front - wheel - I do use a tire wall cleaner but be very very careful when applying it - use sparingly put on with the sponge part of a scouring pad DO NOT let it any where near the tread - these are 12 years old
d67b04b779127776c3f34c680de95742.jpg
34461b652d0c57f9ed82c1959f4d36e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nah just cleaned it cos I rode 220 miles last Sunday when it was 4 degrees down to swanage got caked in shit - did a lovely 5640 mile trip to Nordkapp during the summer she's got 67k on the clock now

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Mother of sweet divinity!!!!! ........ big hats off to you sir ! .... That’s it !.... from this day forward my 1100 becomes a rat bike !!

Gazzabart, your bike is a credit to you and wheels look great. Latest bikes though are not gloss black rims and that’s why they don’t clean as easily. Latest are like a cheap powder coating and are a real pain to clean

Gazzabart, your bike is a credit to you and wheels look great. Latest bikes though are not gloss black rims and that’s why they don’t clean as easily. Latest are like a cheap powder coating and are a real pain to clean
I didn't realise that - I understand now - I would still recommend sdot 100 if that surface isn't flat it lifts all the crud off

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

my adventure wheels get a quick spray with mucoff :rob, leave for a few minutes and rinse with a hose, and then a bucket n sponge with hot soap water on the bits I can reach. Try and do once a week this time of year as getting ridden all year round. Wish I had time to do more, it's the minimum, but seems to do the trick.

And I thought I'd bought a rufty tufty do anything go anywhere adventure bike. If I wanted to spend my life cleaning bikes I would buy something shinier....

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

And I thought I'd bought a rufty tufty do anything go anywhere adventure bike. If I wanted to spend my life cleaning bikes I would buy something shinier....

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Who’s talking about spending their life cleaning? Read the OP again.:blast

I thought Mucoff was widely regarded as the best possible way to dissolve a BMW?

Probably :D it was free tho so thought I might as well use it! I don't let it dry I only leave it on a minute or two after a quick hose before. I've used that Castrol stuff in the gold bottle before (not oil!) n that worked orite but was pricey.

My 2014 LC which I bought when it was three months old had wire wheels which I hated because they were such a bitch to clean so I swapped them with someone on here who had cast and wanted to go off road.

My 2014 LC which I bought when it was three months old had wire wheels which I hated because they were such a bitch to clean so I swapped them with someone on here who had cast and wanted to go off road.

That was me Steve. I can honestly say I have never had a problem cleaning them and am now on my third GSA with them. I use Bilthamber Auto Wheel followed by SDoc100 with the rest of the bike. Both products spray on, leave and then rinse off. Sometimes if the are really bad after an off road excursion I might have to get the Wheel Woolies on them but that’s rare.

Back
Top Bottom