I hate these bloody wheels...

That was me Steve. I can honestly say I have never had a problem cleaning them and am now on my third GSA with them. I use Bilthamber Auto Wheel followed by SDoc100 with the rest of the bike. Both products spray on, leave and then rinse off. Sometimes if the are really bad after an off road excursion I might have to get the Wheel Woolies on them but that’s rare.

Hi Andy. I’m a bit lazy when it comes to cleaning bikes. Don’t mind doing it but don’t like to spend long doing so!

Hope you’re enjoying taking your bike off road.

I agree total nightmare. If they had been gloss black then no problem but the semi matt stuff they have use seem to have the gravitational pull of a super massive black hole when it comes to dirt

I get BMW Central Edinburgh to clean my bike, when it gets ACF50 treatment, a service or any excuse to visit, goes in dirty, comes out clean..:hapybnce:

And what would you use that for. :eek: I dread to think :jes

For cleaning the spoke nipples, of course :beerjug:

On a serious note. As I gave the wheels a good clean while they were off at the weekend for new tyres to be fitted, just given the rims a liberal coating of Auto Glyn Alloy Wheel Sealer. Will see how that helps to stop crap sticking to them.

I just watched a video on YouTube of a guy scrubbing some very gnarly wheels and he used the end of a toilet brush hacked off on the shaft and fitted to a drill. Perfect and bloody cheep. Going to give that a go.

Sent from my SM-T819 using Tapatalk

I just watched a video on YouTube of a guy scrubbing some very gnarly wheels and he used the end of a toilet brush hacked off on the shaft and fitted to a drill. Perfect and bloody cheep. Going to give that a go.

Sent from my SM-T819 using Tapatalk

The nylon bristles on bog brushes (kitchen wash-up brushes too) are diagonally cut to provide an abrasive tip. They will put loads of little scratches into paintwork on wheels. Use a proper car brush. The ends of the bristles are specially split and frayed to prevent paintwork damage.

I decided the only solution for me was to buy some cheap alloys off ebay, a bit OTT I know, but got so fecked off cleaning the spoke wheels.

Probably shelled out about £260 in total.

I bought the wheels separately looking for bargains over a few weeks scouring ebay

i can now clean the wheels in seconds.

The nylon bristles on bog brushes (kitchen wash-up brushes too) are diagonally cut to provide an abrasive tip. They will put loads of little scratches into paintwork on wheels. Use a proper car brush. The ends of the bristles are specially split and frayed to prevent paintwork damage.

Never had you down as a bloke to advocate an expensive solution when a cheap bodge was available...

:D

Cleaning wheels? No problem ....

... as long as I keep the powder coated alloys under the GSA. :D

JJE16Wg.jpg

Indeed the spoked wheels are a PITA to clean. :mad:

ZSGWfOq.jpg

Love the look of the spoked wheels but couldn't be bothered with the hassle in cleaning them so went for this option on the Rallye

25zrwuo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom