I hate these bloody wheels...

richardbd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The spoked wheels on my Triple Black are a major pain in the arse - impossible to clean unless you have two hours and a toothbrush to spare.

Anybody discovered any time-saving wheezes?

:nenau

Same here, love how they look but what a PITA to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate of mine who does bike detailing as a sideline recommended this stuff for cleaning spoked wheels on the GS - Bilt Hamber Korrosol Fall Out Remover

Can be purchased from here - http://www.detailingshed.com/tar-iron-fallout/8-bilt-hamber-korrosol-fall-out-remover.html but I'm sure it's widely available in the UK as well.

Also get one of those oversized bottle brushes - they make cleaning the spokes a much shorter job. It's still a PITA, but at least it doesn't take hours and hours to get them clean.

The spoked wheels on my Triple Black are a major pain in the arse - impossible to clean unless you have two hours and a toothbrush to spare.

Anybody discovered any time-saving wheezes?

:nenau

Take them off and buy alloy wheels.

never had an issue on my 2006 and 2010 GSA......

Sure, they weren't chrome-like - but neither were they rusting or dirty.

Maybe they are made from shit now??

I used this stuff on my TB spokes. Once you've cleaned them thoroughly, just wipe it on. Just give the spokes a wipe off with your normal cleaner. No more fannying about with brushes and/or scrubbing.

I also used it on the untreated aluminium on my vario panniers to stop them oxidizing and going grey.

Great stuff. Originally designed for jewellery.

http://everbritecoatings.co.uk/medium-120ml-flask-of-protectaclear-coating-152-p.asp

Bilt Hamber Korrosol Fall Out Remover

You do know it is an acid designed to dissolve iron particles. I used it once and no good on GSA or R11S unless you want to stain bare aluminium. On a car it is the dogs dangles.

On your hunches and elbow grease. No quick way of cleaning GSA spokes. Better when you change tyres.

The future is whatever colour you want.

I used this stuff on my TB spokes. Once you've cleaned them thoroughly, just wipe it on. Just give the spokes a wipe off with your normal cleaner. No more fannying about with brushes and/or scrubbing.

I also used it on the untreated aluminium on my vario panniers to stop them oxidizing and going grey.

Great stuff. Originally designed for jewellery.

http://everbritecoatings.co.uk/medium-120ml-flask-of-protectaclear-coating-152-p.asp

It's not the spokes I'm complaining about, it's the rims. They seem to be dirt magnets...

I find it rather difficult to see the wheels whilst I'm riidng the thing.

Don't spend so much time farting about, the spokes are stainless steel aren't they... and it is an adventure bikes not a concours d'elegance showpiece

SDoc100/ ph neutral snow foam first, then Zymol car shampoo. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom