ferry from Ireland to Spain

Any one up for the motopistons rally in Santander
Think it September.

At the same time I was on the phone, I emailed them.

Price over the phone for dates 12 Sep to 30 Sep was €375 pp.

Got email back there now with price for the same outbound & return dates: €516.

:nenau

Just off the phone to Brittany Ferries. I was looking for the sailing Santander to Cork on 30september. Its full, as is the one on 27 September. The operator told me that there is very limited space for motorcycles (and none for foot passengers and cyclists). When I said they were losing out on potential business, I was told they don't care.....they have sufficient interest from car drivers! And this is all before the booking service has even gone online!

Rang them myself as planning a trip with my dad

11th May Outbound only(as returning through France), 2 men 2 bikes in 4 berth inside cabin £389 total

As its been stated they have limited space for bikes and also they only have 4 berth cabins available on the ship

Rang them myself as planning a trip with my dad

11th May Outbound only(as returning through France), 2 men 2 bikes in 4 berth inside cabin £389 total

As its been stated they have limited space for bikes and also they only have 4 berth cabins available on the ship

Not worth the trouble. Get across to France and get the head down. BTW the road from the Border to Santander is brilliant

Overview
Brittany Ferries économie
Connemara joins our fleet of économie vessels that have been operating between the UK, France and Spain for a number of years. This is a simple, yet comfortable, no-frills service without the premium experience offered by our cruise ferry Pont-Aven between Ireland and France.

Self-service restaurant with limited choice
Small bar and boutique
No entertainment
Limited public seating
Some vehicles may be parked on an open-air deck
Accessibility limitations
No lift

No mention of sharing space with cattle but sounds like it will remind me of my sailings to Uk in the 1980's, a retro experience perhaps? :D

........No mention of sharing space with cattle but sounds like it will remind me of my sailings to Uk in the 1980's, a retro experience perhaps? :D
:aidan

Attachments

• galley-slaves-barbary-corsairs-890x395_c.jpg
    galley-slaves-barbary-corsairs-890x395_c.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 442
Overview
Brittany Ferries économie
Connemara joins our fleet of économie vessels that have been operating between the UK, France and Spain for a number of years. This is a simple, yet comfortable, no-frills service without the premium experience offered by our cruise ferry Pont-Aven between Ireland and France.

Self-service restaurant with limited choice
Small bar and boutique
No entertainment
Limited public seating
Some vehicles may be parked on an open-air deck
Accessibility limitations
No lift

No mention of sharing space with cattle but sounds like it will remind me of my sailings to Uk in the 1980's, a retro experience perhaps? :D

I wonder why they've bought a economy ship when it's going to be both popular and busy?

For a service that takes 26 hours, I would think most people using it would prefere their cruise type ship

Tried to book. But the limited sailings didn’t suit but jezz if there’s anything I hate it’s riding through that speed camera/revenue collecting congested shite hole england only to be met with wankers at the border on the way back.

Looks like there would be 4 berth cabins booked but not full if some of the previous posts are an indication, I'd guess that you could be looking at their website saying that sailing is full but in reality there'll be berths available in cabins not fully occupied. Some of those cabins could be folk from this site. So, I'd guess it's worth asking on here if anyone were to be looking at a very specific date that's booked up. If people were to want to share then I'd guess it's either worth phoning Brittany ferries or adding another passenger and bike to the first booking if that is possible. Does that make any sense? Of course all this means nothing if the sailing is full because the ferry has reached its maximum safe number of passengers or there is no room in hold for another bike or car.

I met 4 bikers from Ireland while in Spain last week who had used it. They said it was grand, but you had to bring everything you might want (movie player, snacks, even grub).

Hoping to use it in late september myself.

I live in area of ferryboat in Cork. Was passing it this morning and there must have been about 15 bikes heading for it, mostly GS1200 variety but one old airhead with German plates and a seriously well used look about the outfit. Had a cool reg beginning with HU ( horizons unlimited).

If anyone from this site uses the ferry could you post up a review and a few pictures too if possible.

Cheers :beerjug:

They do not have it listed for bookings for next year (2019) but they do have the Roscoff route listed for 2019 on their bookings form. Not sure if thats an indicater of uncertainty over whether it will be ratained for 2019.

We used it at the end of May, early June.
Not by any means as basic as made out to be.
Recently refurbished. One bar, one restaurant, a shop, not much more.
Prices as you'd expect, cabins as you'd expect.
Nothing to criticise, nothing to praise.

Very few cars.....cheaper to fly and hire I suppose.
A few bikes.
Quite a few campers. Makes sense.
Worryingly few trucks.
I say that as it cast doubt over it's viability in my mind.

Cars, bikes, campers will take a while to become aware of, then convinced by and eventually change to a new ferry.
Haulage companies would, I'm sure, have worked out the logistics / costs as soon as the idea and costs were made available.
If they're not using it.......:nenau

They do not have it listed for bookings for next year (2019) but they do have the Roscoff route listed for 2019 on their bookings form. Not sure if thats an indicater of uncertainty over whether it will be ratained for 2019.

My daughter and family used it in July, said it was fine. Talked to senior crew who said the company had chartered the vessel on a two year contract so unless they intend to use it on a different route, should be OK for 2019

Back
Top Bottom