Question on what you'd expect a dealer to do in this situation

Potententially Mr MOT tester wont be - and a failure will be given.

Its now part of the MOT - if the vehicle is showing as having TPS sensors fitted, they must work

So how does an MOT tester know if the TPMS sensors are working. On the bike you have to be moving to see a readout, in my car they only show up if something is wrong. They don't drive a vehicle in an MOT test

Yes I tried the mod of replacing the battery as per youtube but my cack handedness failed me as it worked but failed again so it still doesnt read...

Oops, didnt' see it was cars only ;)

Still i bet some will still fall foul with there cars;)

Ah well, to be honest this is the first thing that’s gone wrong with the bike in 5 years (we’ll, two things at once!) so I can live with it - still well ahead financially compared to if I’d taken out the extended warranty!

hmm, plot twist.

Spoken to the Service Manager who said it's because the metal valve caps I put on basically fused to the valve and it sheared when they tried to remove.

he has the parts so will take a look when I get there. Still annoyed that I accidentally authorised it though thinking they were talking about the sensor I actually wanted replacing!

I put fancy metal valve caps on my wife's car once, it was an utter ball ache getting them off, they were full of white powder and had almost corroded the valve stem away.

I put fancy metal valve caps on my wife's car once, it was an utter ball ache getting them off, they were full of white powder and had almost corroded the valve stem away.

Yeah, I’ll revert to plastic!

Ironically if the bike didn’t have the tyre sensors the valve caps wouldn’t have seized as I’d have been checking it manually! First set of tyres I’ve had that didn’t have any leak - don’t think I topped them up in their lifetime over nearly two years.

Yeah, I’ll revert to plastic!

Ironically if the bike didn’t have the tyre sensors the valve caps wouldn’t have seized as I’d have been checking it manually! First set of tyres I’ve had that didn’t have any leak - don’t think I topped them up in their lifetime over nearly two years.

you have had one set of tyres in 2 years?

I'm reasonably certain that if it had been the technician's bike and his tps sensor to buy, the cap would have been removed without breaking it.

Checked my valve covers this morning with a view to avoiding this seizing issue. They're silver coloured plastic!

Are the metal caps poeple mention above oem or aftermarket fitments?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yes I tried the mod of replacing the battery as per youtube but my cack handedness failed me as it worked but failed again so it still doesnt read...

Maybe the sensor needs waking up. Mine were ok with new batteries, but TBH I was expecting trouble as they'd been off the bike for about a year.

I used ordinary Duracells with a long use by date, soldered a wire tag to one side and tinned the other side. The wire was soldered to the old battery tag and the top tag was soldered to the tinned area. Not going mad with heat did the job and they both work.

DONT use silicone sealer unless it's electronics grade. I used car body panel PU mastic.

There's a bit of information missing from your original post: who the eff is the dealer your talking about? The world needs to know!

Back
Top Bottom