New VRT System

essjay

Reaction score
I’ve not VRT’d a bike in years so off I popped down to the motor tax office to sort it on the 1200GS I brought in at the weekend only to be told it’s the NCT centres that do it now.

Over I went to the NCT centre and they tell me I have to book an appointment in Ballymount or Dundalk. Booked the appointment and got my documents together including the receipts for the ferry to prove when it came into the country.

Main question I have..... Is it the same basis of assessment on cc? Do they just charge you on the cc or do they take a look over the bike for accessories that wouldn’t be out of the factory? Last thing I want is a lad picking numbers off the top of his head to tax me on panniers, Sargent seats, top box or something daft like that.

It still goes on cc with the age discounts - relatively painless apart from it being a tax.

Hi Essjay,
You know it needs at least 6000k on the clock, and be 6 months old.
V5 or Cert of Export
Proof of ID - i.e. original passport or drivers license
Ferry ticket
Receipt of purchase
Proof of PPS-Number - official document only (I bought my last payslip and that was fine)
VRTVDP 1 or VRTVDP 2 Forms completed.
Utility bill - original and within 6 months (no printouts)
Chassis number on vehicle clean and ready for inspection (You need to know where this is)
All proofs of address must be original and dated within 6 months,
Cash
As Gerry said, still the same as the old assessment.
€2 for the first 350 = €700.00
€1 per cc after so 1170cc - 350 =€820.00
Percentage drop depending on the date of the first registration.Use the link below.
https://www.ros.ie/evrt-enquiry/vrtenquiry.html?execution=e1s2

Best of luck,

Colm

Grand, thanks lads. The main thing I was worried about was the potential for them to hike up the price for a sat nav fitted, the panniers or the seats etc. Sounds like I'm OK.

Great to see you back on the bike! Best of luck with the new machine!

Grand, thanks lads. The main thing I was worried about was the potential for them to hike up the price for a sat nav fitted, the panniers or the seats etc. Sounds like I'm OK.

Thats why you take them off :blast

I thought it was based on age, cc and milage? At that that is what it was when I did mine 18 months ago... I don't think farkles make any difference!

They never looked at anything bar the mileage and chassis no when I took mine in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They never looked at anything bar the mileage and chassis no when I took mine in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, although many moons ago I imported a bike and they just looked out of their window at it.

Docs wanted.

The Stasi by stealth?
Would it not be more honest to accept the Public Services Card?

All kinds of officials want a diverse raft of IDs for spurious reasons, which are compulsory but not mandatory etc.
And not much help from the Data Protection Commission, unless someone pipes up and goes to courts, where is our Max Schrems?

Proof of ID - i.e. original passport or drivers license
Ferry ticket
Receipt of purchase
Proof of PPS-Number - official document only (I bought my last payslip and that was fine)

The Stasi by stealth?

Oddly the utility bill for me is the tough one as I no longer receive originals by post - I get a text saying that €xx.xx was debited on yy/yy/201z

No bother

Brought one in less than two years ago. just based on age and CC but make sure your mileage is sufficient 6000Km. I brought it to Ballymun NCT, the lad was very helpful although his reckoning of Kms to the miles on the bike left me a few short :eek: but he was a biker and made allowances:thumb2

They accepted a printout from me, twice. :nenau

Oddly the utility bill for me is the tough one as I no longer receive originals by post - I get a text saying that €xx.xx was debited on yy/yy/201z

Same here but by email and text.
There's a link to your account and you can print from there (or at least, in my case, I could)

Back
Top Bottom