Zumo 350 LM Traffic updates

Deleted account 180523001

Reaction score
So I have a Zumo 350 LM on my 800 GSA. I have the fused bike specific power set up fitted and it works fine. Question relates to traffic updates. When I select traffic it tells me that a power lead that receives traffic signal sis required. Clearly there is no input into the back of the unit to add such an item. I have a car mount and lead for it which includes a thin antenna and this works, but there is no such option on the bike power lead. Anyone throw some light on this for me?

You would have to rig up some way of getting the garmin traffic receiver to power your zumo, whilst using the zumo in its bike mount.
Piccy is from garmin website..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180117-224734.jpg
    Screenshot_20180117-224734.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 141
I had a Garmin a while ago that had an fm antenna as part of the power cable. It was a separate wire that received the traffic signals - perhaps that’s what they mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have one of those, I just dont want the faff of having to plug it in to the mini USB port as I have a powered mount already fitted.

Thanks mate. Nothing is ever easy is it?!

Seems not.. :(
I have a 395LM & garmin stated you could use a garmin GTM36 traffic receiver.
So i managed to get a second hand one for 45 notes..
Tried it in the car mount & no traffic received, rang garmin only to be told -
" no traffic on the 395LM " :mad:
And then they amended the website to show no traffic receiver for a 395LM.
So i never did find a way to make a traffic receiver to work whilst in the powered bike mount..
FFS....:mad:

I feel your pain

Spose they fink we don't need traffic updates on a bike...

I fink the 5 series has traffic but only digital, which means hooking it up to a smart fone & using your tinternet allowance whilst on the move..

EDIT....

Piccy is from garmin website for 590LM...
Which has digital traffic..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180117-231918.jpg
    Screenshot_20180117-231918.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 120
You can get traffic from smart phone but there are two different power leads that provide traffic, one is RDs based, the other digital..
Traffic will work without the additional thin wire, that is just an extension if you have weak reception..

The 390 I have will get traffic if powered by the car lead(I have this for a 3650 in the car) but as the powered mount only has 2 pins, there is no traffic function possible in this mount..

I have a 390 and the traffic lead for the car.
To be honest it is very hit and miss about the warnings it gives - sometimes heavy traffic or raodworks is signalled, other times it isn't.
I wouldn't bother on the bike.
I would be happy if they just kept their speed limit data up to date. Old limits are still shown a coule of years after they have been changed.

Back
Top Bottom