Bikesafe 2018

wessie

Reaction score
Gloucester has published their 2018 dates. Sunday 22nd April, 15th July and 7th October

http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/

I did this course as a relative newbie years ago. Worthwhile if inexperienced or lacking confidence.

Check the website for other counties.

I did it as a 2 day course every year for 5 or 6 years, despite having ridden on the road for 40 odd years, all year round and having covered something like 911,000 miles on my bikes over the years (mid 2000s I was doing over 50,000 a year). I still did it, enjoyed it and every time I came away with something of worth, either new or bringing me back into line.
Recommend anyone to do it. Even those who know it all. :thumby:

Disappointed that one of the largest Police services - West Yorkshire - doesn't run a Bikesafe course, financial cut backs is their excuse. I did it quite a few years ago, and learned a lot, they recommended advance rider training with RoSPA or IAM....which I did.

Shame they only do 3 of them. Only the October date has availability now.
Did one last year with TVP and it was so worth while. Been riding 9 years and have plenty of bad habits to train out of.

Did one last year with TVP and it was so worth while. Been riding 9 years and have plenty of bad habits to train out of.

check back, they often add extra dates once the original ones are full - they just want to ensure all courses are full as a lot of police officers are taken from other duties to do the assessed rides

Bikesafe is a great way to get an assessment of your ride and some pointers to improve it and up your ride skills. Couple that with IAM or ROSPA to keep working at the improvement had to be a good thing.

Thanks for the heads up Wessie, I have registered an interest for the Lancashire workshops. They havnt released any dates yet, but they have confirmed Im on the list.
Steve

Gloucester has published their 2018 dates. Sunday 22nd April, 15th July and 7th October

http://www.bikesafe.co.uk/

I did this course as a relative newbie years ago. Worthwhile if inexperienced or lacking confidence.

Check the website for other counties.

When & where did you do it ? Old Gloucester fire station or before that ?

Partly cut-backs, because we used to do 5 or 6 in Gloucestershire alone each year, but also because it's done in conjunction with Wiltshire & Avon & Somerset, so you are welcome to go to one of theirs.

When & where did you do it ? Old Gloucester fire station or before that ?

With you & Nigel in Lansdown cop shop 1995 or 96 as I had a red VFR. Observer was on a black FJ1100 and a tad slow for my taste. He chose to take us out into the Forest of Dean which was my home patch (actually lived in Wye Valley but knew the roads better than him :) )

I assume Nigel has retired by now, if he did not drop dead from clogged arteries. Not seen him since he had a Blackbird and he came on a few Honda test ride jollies.

I did one out of the old fire station with Martyn and Rossi a few years ago. The best 2 days money can buy,you can teach an old dog new tricks :D

With you & Nigel in Lansdown cop shop 1995 or 96 as I had a red VFR. Observer was on a black FJ1100 and a tad slow for my taste. He chose to take us out into the Forest of Dean which was my home patch (actually lived in Wye Valley but knew the roads better than him :) )

I assume Nigel has retired by now, if he did not drop dead from clogged arteries. Not seen him since he had a Blackbird and he came on a few Honda test ride jollies.

He retired a good 10 years ago, maybe more - 2004'ish perhaps, & went to work for Worcs. County Highways. Has given up motorcyling.

Mines biked for this Sunday with Hampshire Police.

I did Bikesafe yesterday. Many thanks to the Hampshire Police Officers who facilitated the day. You made learning fun and were nicely patient and encouraging on the ride. I highly recommend the course and I learnt plenty.

Next stop, Solent Advanced Motorcyclists next month. We'll see how that goes.

On the back of the comments, and after a 6year break from riding, I’ve just signed up for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom