Wheel balancing

Morning everyone

I’m in need of a new rear tyre currently on anakee 3. A friend of mine has a tyre shop and can fit motorcycle tyres just can’t balance them. Is it such a big issue? Or is it best getting them balanced?

Just got to decide which tyre next as I do 60mile dual carriage way commute daily and going Gibraltar in May so might replace the pair!

My experience of Anakee 3 is that they require a considerable amount of balance weight compared to other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just use balance beads. see HERE

worked for me .. recyclable if you're careful at tyre change time.

If you change your own tyres?

or if you use a tyre fitter than doesn't have a device that will take a GS wheel. (most in my experience)

My comment was more in response to your about why would you bother on a GS. Well for me it created issues so I had to find someone with a dynamic balancer that could take the 19" rim.

Otherwise it's a lottery and you might get lucky

I always get them balance!....like fredaroony, I can’t understand why you wouldn’t.

If you change your own tyres?

or if you use a tyre fitter than doesn't have a device that will take a GS wheel. (most in my experience)

My tyre fitter static balances the front wheel. He then takes the back wheel across the road and uses a car wheel balancer.

Interesting to know that are car balancer works on the rear wheel.

If no tyre fitter in your area has one, just buy one. A BMW rear wheel balance adapter is simple enough and doesn't cost that much. If you know anyone else that rides a BMW go together and everyone split the cost and share the thing. Or buy it yourself and loan it to your friends "for free", every time they return it they will likely bring with a few beers or bottle of wine.

Maybe, but then we're not all highway heroes like you:tosser

The first retort of those who do not know what they are talking about or are incompetent is to result to insults.

Seems like I touched a nerve, guess if you can’t stand the heat, then keep the insults to yourself. Knobhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a very similar thread to this a year or two back. Rather surprising how many thought not balancing the rear wheel wasn’t an issue. It had me asking the question of whether this was linked to so many final drive failures. Not hard to see that an out of balance wheel will give a final drive a hard time??

Back
Top Bottom