2017 1200GS Rallye Exhaust

Reggie353

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there any difference between the exhaust can on the 2017 bikes and the earlier 2013-2016 bikes? I.e. Does an earlier slip on fit the newer GS?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure about US models, but in EU from 2017 on exhausts are EURO4 and therefore with non-removable (welded in) baffles. The fitting is exactly the same though.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hi. Welded baffles from 2017.
I have a rallye 2017 and looking for a exhaust that makes a bit of noise .
No way am I going to pay 500 to 800 for a pipe with a welded baffle in.
Can imagine all the exhaust pipe company's losing a lot of income due to that.
So what can be put on without a baffle?

Hi. Welded baffles from 2017.
I have a rallye 2017 and looking for a exhaust that makes a bit of noise .
No way am I going to pay 500 to 800 for a pipe with a welded baffle in.
Can imagine all the exhaust pipe company's losing a lot of income due to that.
So what can be put on without a baffle?

Have a look at this video some noise here.

Hi smogbob
Well the last one sounded the best ,as for others ,not much different.
Must be some good UK ones out there for sale.

Guys, I fitted my Akrapovic exhaust on the weekend to my 2018 Rallye. Here are some soundclips - there isn't a HUGE amount of different on idle and gentle rev'ing, but out on the road sounds great and especially when down-shifting using quick-shift...

See this link (Akrapovic) : https://youtu.be/oO4bz1g75ng

See this link (Stock) : https://youtu.be/VJPDuScEcTI

Incidentally I have left the baffles in.....but that could be another clip with them out!!! just scared dropping the bolts when putting them back in if it was too much for the ears!!!

Thoughts or comments welcome as always :D

Yans

Guys, I fitted my Akrapovic exhaust on the weekend to my 2018 Rallye. Here are some soundclips - there isn't a HUGE amount of different on idle and gentle rev'ing, but out on the road sounds great and especially when down-shifting using quick-shift...

See this link (Akrapovic) : https://youtu.be/oO4bz1g75ng

See this link (Stock) : https://youtu.be/VJPDuScEcTI

Incidentally I have left the baffles in.....but that could be another clip with them out!!! just scared dropping the bolts when putting them back in if it was too much for the ears!!!

Thoughts or comments welcome as always :D

Yans

Nice vids, im gonna get shot down, but I really like the stock silencer......

Standard Can noise ample enough on a long journey even with earplugs . I also live in a noise sensitive area no point in winding up the local residents .

Have always been impressed with the sound from a stock can on a 1200GS. Lovely rumble without being anti social enough to piss off the neighbours early on a Sunday morning. My other bike is an SV1000S with Two Brothers cans and even at tickover it's damn loud (even after I repacked the cans).

The Akra can is quite similar to the stock at tickover, but out on the road there's a lovely crack off it, especially when downshifting. Point being - it's quiet when it needs to be and loud when it doesn't! ;)

Out here in rural Ampshire A32 A272 being the nearest main bike roads Around Loomies bike Cafe, the locals are pissed off with excessive loud exhausts and bikes with them being regularly wound up disturbing their peace and quiet . Which in turn increases the frequency of the camera vans being deployed as fun monitors . A few idiots ruin it for everyone .
Personally I prefer the go quietly and carry a big stick approach rather than be the centre of unwanted attention .

Out here in rural Ampshire A32 A272 being the nearest main bike roads Around Loomies bike Cafe, the locals are pissed off with excessive loud exhausts and bikes with them being regularly wound up disturbing their peace and quiet . Which in turn increases the frequency of the camera vans being deployed as fun monitors . A few idiots ruin it for everyone .
Personally I prefer the go quietly and carry a big stick approach rather than be the centre of unwanted attention .

Noisy exhausts will soon be a thing of the past me thinks, given the amount of sound controls out in the summer, here in Germany.

Nice vids, im gonna get shot down, but I really like the stock silencer......

I know what you're saying Smogbob, now I've removed the stock silencer I miss the looks.... However I prefer the sound of the Akra..... Tricky!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you're saying Smogbob, now I've removed the stock silencer I miss the looks.... However I prefer the sound of the Akra..... Tricky!!!!!

It really is a fine line, I remember spending a few pounds on the Harleys trying to get the ultimate sound, now I just concentrate on trying to ride as much as I can, money = petrol = having a good time, gave up on silencers. :beerjug:

I’ve been riding around on my GSA for the past 3½ yrs with an Akra fitted so have got very used to the noise it makes. I’ve just put the standard can back on in readiness to trade bike and, to my ears, the standard can is not really any quieter than the Akra! I actually think the standard can sounds a bit crisper. They do sound a ‘bit’ different but there’s not much in volume differences.

When I get the new bike I’ll see how I feel about putting the Akra on it, or selling it?!

I’ve been riding around on my GSA for the past 3½ yrs with an Akra fitted so have got very used to the noise it makes. I’ve just put the standard can back on in readiness to trade bike and, to my ears, the standard can is not really any quieter than the Akra! I actually think the standard can sounds a bit crisper. They do sound a ‘bit’ different but there’s not much in volume differences.

When I get the new bike I’ll see how I feel about putting the Akra on it, or selling it?!

I know exactly what you're saying mate... Especially when you compare the two videos really not much in it....but out on the road and higher revs acceleration I felt I noticed it, plus felt a bit 'free-er' even if that is a made up word!!!!

Still torn but staying for now!!

Totally agree with you re the top end. I’ll probably end putting the Akra on the TB ...when I get it!

Back
Top Bottom