WTF moment

Looks like it's been twin plugged at some time, then 'blanked off'?

Attachments

• Twin plugged.jpg
    Twin plugged.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 452
It looks as bad as the ex Florence machine!

If not worse!

Well. I thought I had seen it all, but thats a new one on me. There are truly some idiots/morons about.

Well. I thought I had seen it all, but thats a new one on me. There are truly some idiots/morons about.

Not so much 'idiots/morons' a better description would probably be 'devious/ sneaky' ie a botch it together job and flog it to some unsuspecting punter

My poor old thing has 30 years under its belt as well, all bar 800 miles/6 months in my hands but, even so, when I first looked at the fork springs a couple of years ago I found it had been fitted with some no longer available aftermarket jobbies. I’m pretty sure that I was the first and only person to delve into the engine though.

You have to wonder if these bodgers are wearing their specs when they do these jobs!

Not so much 'idiots/morons' a better description would probably be 'devious/ sneaky' ie a botch it together job and flog it to some unsuspecting punter

Aye I did consider that but I suspect that someone with a malicious intent wouldn't be even that stupid - a very real risk that you would trash the engine at first spin (im amazed it didn't lunch itself) so somewhat counterproductive if it was a bodge up for a sale- but you never know I suppose.........

Aye I did consider that but I suspect that someone with a malicious intent wouldn't be even that stupid - a very real risk that you would trash the engine at first spin (im amazed it didn't lunch itself) so somewhat counterproductive if it was a bodge up for a sale- but you never know I suppose.........

Technician with a grudge, couldn't care less and that was the nearest part in the parts bin left to meet time deadline.

All depends what the customer can afford; I bought a bsa that was almost as good as this, I was young, naive and easily ripped off. My how the bike shop staff must have laughed.

As it is your good reputation at risk, either fully repair it, and people will know it has been done properly, or sell the bit's as is.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom