Ezcan help please

woody1707

Reaction score
I have bought a ezcan to run 3 accessories for the moment.
Fiamm twin horns
Aux rear brake light
Accessory socket for heated jacket
I am not sure which channels to use for which.
I think I should be using the ! Channel for the rear light .
My question which of the other 3 channels should I be using for the horns and accessory socket and how do I configure theses for my accessories?
Any help gratefully received.
Cheers

Hi.... the configure is done through the downloadable software. Basically there are two ‘high powered’ leads and tow lower ones. You can see which lead should be used for horn, break light and auxiliary on the EZcan web site. Or when you download the software. It is really easy... the leads are colour coded to so you can’t go wrong.

Yea you have hit the same issue I have in that I cant have horns and brake light as an option unless I have the extra lights on the same lead.
Here are the only options available for the unit so it looks like your going to have to use the jacket and Horn on Red or Orange channel
c5d3bc02adabafd99ce45359fff42b05.png

If you email support for the Hex ezCAN they are extremely helpful. From my reading of the long thread on Advrider most users are wiring their heated gear directly to the battery in order to leave the high power channels (20a) for lights and horn.

I'm using the high power channels for aux lights and a stebel air horn. One of the low power channels is being used for a radar detector and Skene Photon blasters (spliced together). I'm not using the low power brake channel as I have Skene P3's 12v line wired directly to the mini-fuse block (on a '17 GSA). My Gerbing heated jacket controller is wired directly to the battery.

Yea you have hit the same issue I have in that I cant have horns and brake light as an option unless I have the extra lights on the same lead.
Here are the only options available for the unit so it looks like your going to have to use the jacket and Horn on Red or Orange channel
c5d3bc02adabafd99ce45359fff42b05.png
Yes I think I will have use channel 3 or 4 and run front lights together seems the only way I can get my horn, rear light and aux socket to be power through the ezcan.
Thanks for the assistance

Having checked my Keiss vest only draws 3.3 amps so I may should be able to run my accessory socket through a low power channel.
Thanks for help

My “kinnell they are bright” LED spot lamps are only 18 watts .
The H7 LED headlamp bulbs are 30 W per “filament”.
The angel ring daylights are almost negligible power. Even if I added some fog pattern LEDs at another 18W they would still be less than half the OEM spots for power consumption.
A good horn will need a hefty fuse but these days there’s little else that will stress the wiring.

Back
Top Bottom